Do you eat all the 1220 Cal/day??

Options
2»

Replies

• emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that the more I workout every day and eat back most of my exercise calories and eat my 1200 a day that I've consistently lost weight. Anytime that I've stayed the same a for a few weeks in a row was because I either was going over too much or not eating enough.

Everyone is different, so it is worth figuring out what works best for you.

I love having breakfast and 4-5 meals a day! It gives me energy to work out in the early evenings! :bigsmile:
    I don't eat anything after 8 at the latest and in the morning I'm ready for breakfast!

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • mayana2002
    Options
    Great! I just completed my calories for today and I will have an amazing dinner! I love beans so there we go! :) I will cook some this weekend!
    On the right way of being healthy and fit! :) Love me some beach and sun!
    Thank you guys! This site is amazing because it is made of amazing people and great tools! :) Loving it
  • TeeTee11
    Options
    I too struggle with eating enough calories.

Roughly I have

Breakfast- plain oatmeal, 2 eggs
    Snack-cheese stick
    Lunch-Tuna Sandwich or sometimes just canned tuna no bread, a little mayo, celery
    Dinner-chicken or fish with a veggie

Is this enough? prolly not, so what can I add? I will add some pnut butter to my celery, and snack on some almonds here and there. Any other tips?
  • texaslonghorn42
    texaslonghorn42 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have found that as long as I work out and eat at least 1500 calories (and then on days I don't work out eat just 1200) I can drop weight pretty easy. When I was working out and burning 400 plus calories a day and still only eating 1200 the weight came off much slower. So I think there is something to it to eat your exercise calories. I just make sure to not go over 1500-1550 on exercise days and it works for me. Good luck!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice here, the one that hits home with me is the need to eat at least 1200 calories. After 28 days here, I'm still finding it a bit of a challenge to do that. I wasn't hungry and I just didn't want to put food in my mouth so I was below 1k cals quite often.

Don't worry if you don't get enough calories, your body will let you know - you'll weigh the same for a week! ;-)

One thing to check out about "it's just soup". Last week I went to PF Chang's and had their Hot and Sour soup. Every 7 oz serving contains 1000 mg of sodium! So the calorie count was low but the sodium was a "killer".

Canned soups have always been very high in sodium (salt makes food taste better to humans) but more sodium = retaining more water weight for a day or two 'til your body can flush the sodium.
  • MarilynMarie
    Options
    I will admit I BARELY eat 1000 calories and it is very bad aside from your body storing fat also you WILL binge I know I have
  • chaines1
    Options
    Yes it is necessary to eat all your calories.
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    Breakfast- plain oatmeal, 2 eggs
    Snack-cheese stick
    Lunch-Tuna Sandwich or sometimes just canned tuna no bread, a little mayo, celery
    Dinner-chicken or fish with a veggie

Is this enough? prolly not, so what can I add? I will add some pnut butter to my celery, and snack on some almonds here and there. Any other tips?
    [/quote]

I would add some fruit. I cut up an apple & cook it with my oatmeal in the microwave. Also peanut butter on apple slices is a good snack. Add what ever fruits you like, fresh fruit is really great for you.
  • rawdefault
    Options
    I'd try these things:
    - Adding some berries (frozen is fine) to your oatmeal
    - Making you sandwich with loads of veggies - try spinach, tomato, cucumber, grated carrot and beet, capsicum/peppers and some sprouts
    - If you're not having the sandwich, try to make a side salad to accompany the tuna, or at least have celery + one other veggie
    - Try to include green leaves with your dinner. Anything like spinach, kale, silverbeet or buk choy can be steamed in the microwave or stir-fried with a bit of extra virgin olive oil, garlic and pepper.
    I hope this helps you! Good luck!