I Desperately Need Someone

Options
I need help.

I'm an overeater with a chronic pain condition that makes exercise difficult, and I need a friend who really gets the struggle. Someone who will motivate me with diet and exercise, hold me accountable and who is looking for the same. Please no teenagers looking to lose 3 pounds - I need a friend who is on a similar journey. I'm surrounded by great people in my life who care about me and also need to make huge health changes, but not one of them is actually trying. No one will move past the complaining, wishing and excuses and it is dragging me down.

I'm looking to meet a new friend who needs to lose a substantial amount of weight (at least 50-100 pounds), is an adult at least 30 years old, and who is struggling and could use a motivation buddy. I need someone who will push me to be better and needs the same from someone else.

I'm 41, work full time and then some, married with no kids (by choice) and need to lose 75-100 pounds. The weight loss is second in importance to my need to improve my health overall - I'm so depressed with how I look and feel and it has to change. Care to join me?

Julie

Replies

• em902008
    em902008 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm only 23 but More than willing to help you out. My first goal is to lose 48lbs. But I need to lose 125+. Like you I have people around me who need to and say they're going to change and start going to the gym with me and all that. Yet they dont:( that is why I joined this site! I need the support and motivation too. When I was 15 I had two knee surgeries which in turn has given me lower back issues. I have degenerative disc disease. I have a high pain tolerance but have learned my limits. Feel free to message me or add me. Best of luck on your journey to a better you:)
  • nrida
    nrida Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am also struggling but with an eating problem where I also binge. I would love to help motivate each other on keeping the right track to health.

try not to focus on the physical part, but the mental part....not feel down, but up that you are making a change. This is my problem, but in reality its all about the habit change and once you feel comfortable...it will come off naturally.

I try not to focus on the numbers, but how I feel and aiming to focus on the positives :)
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I don't fit your requirements to a tee but...
    I am 55. Started this weight loss journey quite sometime ago.
    In the beginning my goal was to lose 43 lbs and finally I am getting close to that !
    Just have to set your mind to really wanting it and it will happen.
    Looked at your profile. I am a dog lover as well. Can't imagine life without one !
    We have a Boston Terrier. In the past basset hounds, beagles.
    I also find biggest loser motivational.
    It's taken me a long time because I am not an exercise person, except golf once a week.
    Portion control (food scale), drink more water and log everything you eat.
    The top 3 things that have helped me.

Add me as a friend if you want.
  • Deedle7544
    Deedle7544 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't really fit your parameters, but friend me if you want - I want to lose about 40 pounds, and a lot of it is health related...okay realistically 50/50, I know I need to lose to be healthy but a lot of it is vanity.

I'm 50 (ugh) and on here just about every day, you can pm me or talk on the boards. I'm totally with you on the friends and family who are not truly motivated! These boards can help a lot!
  • BeagleHQ
    BeagleHQ Posts: 15
    Options
    All you Beachbody coaches, STOP. Not interested, thanks.

Everyone else, thank you for writing. It's so nice to "meet" you.
  • graceabundant
    Options
    Hi, I don't meet all your parameters but I do know chronic pain, I have fibromyalgia. I'm a lot older and I don't want to lose that much, but if I can lose the 17 lbs. I'll go for more.
    I saw where you love dogs. I also work with a rescue and have for many years. I foster now and then and I have 4 dogs, all rescued and one cat rescued.
    I don't know how motivational I am but I sure could use support myself. I need to get out and walk but I need a partner, so I may use the dogs to give me the push I need. I make a lot of excuses. LOL
    I wish you the best of luck and the best of friends to help you reach your goals.

I'll be a friend if you want.
  • SunnysideHMC
    SunnysideHMC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in my 30s, I have Fibromyalgia, I work full time, I need to lose about 60 lbs, and there are times when I will eat anything and everything we've got in the house. I too have people in my daily life that need to make healthier choices and complain about weight gain, low energy, deteriorating health but don't take action. Even the people I am closest with aren't very supportive. They love me they just don't understand the struggle.