Easy dinner ideas?

Options
steephx0x
steephx0x Posts: 47 Member
Help! I need some simple dinner ideas that are easy to make. I kinda have an obsession with cereal so I always eat that for dinner or the chicken you can put in the oven. What are some other options? I don't eat pork, steak, or fish (sometimes in sushi I will eat fish. I also don't like rice.

Replies

• blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My go to websites for ideas are:

Skinnytaste.com

The Picky Eater blog

I just had the following salad with a chicken breast tonight,. Awesome and good for you. The nutrition counts are even in the MFP database so I guess I'm not the only one that likes this:

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/tomato-watermelon-feta-salad.aspx
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My go-to is an omelette [I use 1 egg/2 eggwhites], with salad on the side.
    I can jazz up an omelette10 different ways easily by changing the onion/peppers/swiss cheese to broccoli florets/diced tomato/parmesan, etc. etc.
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Steamed broccoli with a microwaves or oven baked sweet potato and chicken
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    Get a crock pot and you'll have 100's of easy dinner options.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I like lite alfreado sauce mixed with steamed brocclli and sauteed mushrooms. You can also add cheese.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Eat pizza.
    Eat burgers and fries.
    Eat lots of peanut butter.

This from OP's other thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1298916-lost-weight-and-my-period
    You can look through my daily logs. I don't log exercises, but I run and lift some weights and burn about 400 calories a day. I eat 700-800 cals a day. I know that's not a lot, I'm just never hungry. I lost the weight over 5 months.
  • steephx0x
    steephx0x Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Eat pizza.
    Eat burgers and fries.

This from OP's other thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1298916-lost-weight-and-my-period
    You can look through my daily logs. I don't log exercises, but I run and lift some weights and burn about 400 calories a day. I eat 700-800 cals a day. I know that's not a lot, I'm just never hungry. I lost the weight over 5 months.

Yeah I don't eat much which is why I'm looking for easy ideas I can adapt into my diet. I'm a broke college student
  • psyklob
    psyklob Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My new favorite thing for dinner is broccoli slaw with pasta sauce! Super low calorie, filling, and nutritious.

Just grab a bag from the grocery store for ~$3, steam up a couple cups (2 cups is 50 calories), sauté with pasta sauce and meat/meat substitute, and you're golden.

A bag will last you at least four-five meals.

It makes for an excellent pasta substitute.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Eat pizza.
    Eat burgers and fries.

Yeah I don't eat much which is why I'm looking for easy ideas I can adapt into my diet. I'm a broke college student

Pasta is cheap and it can last for a couple days. Eat lots of it. Being a broke college student doesn't mean you can't eat more than 700-800 calories a day. You are damaging and hurting your body.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My new favorite thing for dinner is broccoli slaw with pasta sauce! Super low calorie, filling, and nutritious.

Just grab a bag from the grocery store for ~$3, steam up a couple cups (2 cups is 50 calories), sauté with pasta sauce and meat/meat substitute, and you're golden.

A bag will last you at least four-five meals.

It makes for an excellent pasta substitute.

Obviously, don't do this, OP. You don't need low calorie AT ALL.

I love cutting up chicken breasts, adding dices red pepper and then adding in a couple spoons of peanut butter and just a bit of milk to make a creamy sauce. omnomnom...