I'm breaking up with my scale.

Options
Last year I was at my highest weight, roughly around 160. I felt gross, I ate because I was sad and I was sad because I ate. I was still wearing my maternity jeans, 18 months after having my daughter. So I starting MFP and then I starting running. I was eating better, drinking a crap ton of water and feeling SO much better. But the scale only went down 5-7 lbs and it just went back and forth back and forth. And drove me insane. I kept thinking, I'm doing things right, why aren't I dropping the lbs?? My face looked my i was smaller, my tummy went down...but the scale wasn't moving much. And it discouraged me and i thought "I'm doing all this work for nothing." So I stopped.
Plus it was winter, that was my excuse.
Then I starting going to the gym, ate better again and finally got under 150, but I got a little obsessed. Always talking about it, always thinking about it. I'd weigh myself every day to see if there was changed. And I also wasn't seeing HUGE results I wanted. I see everyone else as soon as they touch a weight, they lose 10 lbs. I just couldn't get happy. I want to be happy....

So Dear scale,
You lose. I don't care about you anymore. I don't care how much you tell me I weigh. That is not what I am worth.
I don't need you in my life. I want to be happy and care free, you do not own me.
I don't care if I weigh 155 or 130. If I feel good inside, it will show on the outside.
I will continue to eat what my body needs (and craves) and I will run for fun, and I will weight train for strength, and I will bike ride for the wind in my face.
I will not do it for the numbers.

Replies

• archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Pretty much how I feel. I'm happier when I'm not weighing myself. I'm happier when my clothes fit better and I feel strong.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Amen!!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I like your attitude. :)
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Scales need love too.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou:

tumblr_mgnaqoVTQZ1ri66pwo1_500.gif
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Scales need love too.

Scales are bi polar *kitten*. I will visit him everyone once and a while, but they will have to move on as well. We aren't going to be able to make this work this time. Maybe just as acquaintances.