You are all Awesome - But!!!!!

Options
Ok, just a little rant, I have been on this site for 600 days, worked out my own training and diet. No help from my doctor whatsoever. Oh I am 54, yes you got it 54. So please do not add me then delete me and send a message that I am to old for this site. Rant over

Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle. Remember your body is on loan so look after it.

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Well there are many that are awesome but only one "your awesomeness." That would be me of course.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Ok, just a little rant, I have been on this site for 600 days, worked out my own training and diet. No help from my doctor whatsoever. Oh I am 54, yes you got it 54. So please do not add me then delete me and send a message that I am to old for this site. Rant over

Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle. Remember your body is on loan so look after it.

Someone actually did that?? That's rude :flowerforyou:
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you... I've gotten messages that I'm too fat to be talking about fitness in the forums, so I guess I have a little frame of reference...

The only way being older plays a part is that it can be harder to lose and maintain as we age... but that's the beauty, we are ALL aging... For the record, I have had people in their 60s on my list and in my support group.

Thank you for not letting some twit drive you away!
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Seriously, what kind of idiot would do that? I'll be your friend and I will not delete you, because I do not think that 54 is too old. Now, the day you turn 84, you are so out of my friends list. :tongue:

But really, send me a friend request anytime! :flowerforyou:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    7f64ec36ce028bcb58ec048fc43a33df.jpg

The only age limit I saw was a minimum age: 18. And if someone actually did that, then I suspect they lied about their age and are actually well below that minimum.
  • nikole21212
    nikole21212 Posts: 50
    Options
    shame on whoever told you that!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Their loss, you sound like a great friend!

I'm 52 btw, and no-one has ever commented on my age.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't get it do they??? You could draw so many conclusions about their own age and state of mind, but that would be....... agist! So glad you shrugged it off and kept on going!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    54? Pfft - too young to be my friend - I'm 62!! :laugh:
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    54 years is old? Huh? Don't get it!
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Ageism is stupid. About 15 minutes ago I was 25. 10 minutes before that I was 18.

I figure in about another 15 minutes I'll be forty. Will I feel any different? Doubt it. I sure as hell didn't feel any different when I turned 30.
  • Kakeslyn
    Kakeslyn Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty tired, but at first glance I thought you were telling us that we all had awesome butts.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Mindfreak1999 Posts: 272
    Options
    Yep , I have gained and lost a few.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. Usually the younger set unfriends me because I am old enough to be their mother and give advice like her. When I am 54, my youngest child will be graduating from high school and I hope I will be as fit as you are and still paying attention to my overall health and fitness the way you do.

Good grief, those kids couldn't pedal with you for 15 minutes much less do the bike rides you actually take. (Perhaps they are jealous that an old guy can do that?) I could probably keep up for that long before I gave up and let you ride away. OTOH, I don't think you would ride away from me because you are my friend and wouldn't leave someone behind if you started out with them.

Thanks for not leaving me and for all the encouragement you give daily. YOU are the awesome one! :flowerforyou:
  • Magisoft
    Magisoft Posts: 113
    Options
    What a nonsense and good for you for speaking out, best of luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That is quite odd. I am sorry that has happened to you! Hang in there, don't let a couple of punks drag you down!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 but that's never happened to me. If it did, I'd probably just laugh.

What amazes me is that I have all these 20 something MFP friends. I have no idea why because I don't insist on a message with friend requests. I accept all of them and only delete if too annoying, which is rare.
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Sad_Grandpa Posts: 129
    Options

Anybody says you're too old, send 'em to me and I'll challenge them to roller derby. One good body check and they'll be rethinking who's old.