Green Coffee Bean (Raw Fit shake)

Options
I recently purchased and have been using a shake called Raw Fit that contains green coffee bean. I have been trying (and failing) to lose weight for about two years now. I'm only looking for a little bump in the right direction. I do have IBS, so a lot of supplements are bad for me to take, but I have had no reaction to this one. Basically, I just wondered what people have found about the green coffee bean. Have you taken it? Did it work? Did anything else work better?

Replies

• loserviolet
    loserviolet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ok...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    OK, can we get a few more details about you? Height, current weight, goal weight, what have you been doing over the past 2 years? Are you logging all your foods?

To be honest, a teeny bit of green coffee in a shake is NOT going to give you the bump you're looking for, and it's extremely unlkiely that green coffee bean does anything at all.
  • loserviolet
    Options
    OK, can we get a few more details about you? Height, current weight, goal weight, what have you been doing over the past 2 years? Are you logging all your foods?

To be honest, a teeny bit of green coffee in a shake is NOT going to give you the bump you're looking for, and it's extremely unlkiely that green coffee bean does anything at all.

I am approximately 5'8" tall, I currently weigh 195 lbs, and my goal weight would be about 155 lbs. I've been there before and I was comfortable there. I have tried just about everything. Low carb, Low FODMAP for IBS, vegetarian, extreme exercise programs (INSANITY) five days a week for 8 weeks and lost NOTHING. I've tried low calorie with only gentle exercise (such as walking the dog, some hiking, playing Just Dance or Zumba on the wii, and using small weights >20lbs for basic stuff like squats and lunges, etc. I bought this shake more because it is high in protein and I can't take conventional protein supplements due to an issue with dairy (whey) and fake sugars and/or honey (due to my IBS). I have cut out meat for the past 3 weeks to determine if it is a big trigger food. I don't think it is. I have used a journal and food scale more often than MFP to log my foods but I have gone periods of time where I logged everything in here. It just doesn't seem to do me any good.

I can say that I eat trigger foods more often and in higher quantities than I should. This doesn't mean "unhealthy" foods like cheeseburgers and French fries and pizza all the time. I do eat out on occasion, but NEVER fast food. My "bad" foods include things like onions, garlic, apples, honey, gluten, and that sort of thing. I do wonder if eating these foods at all simply causes too much inflammation for me to lose weight.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Exercise is all well and good, but dont be relying on that to lose weight. Concentrate on getting your food intake right. Since you have other issues, you need to be careful about what you eat, but portion control and hence your calorie intake is what you should focus on - are you weighing or measuring how much you eat?

There's nothing magical about a vegetarian diet, it wont help you lose weight.

Have you consulted a doctor about your IBS?
  • loserviolet
    Options
    Yes, I have spoken to a doctor. Bottom line; they know nothing about IBS. Not really. There is no cure and it doesn't ever just go away. Eating vegetarian isn't about losing weight, its an attempt to see if meat happens to be a trigger food for my symptoms. Yes I weigh everything and measure everything. I even make my own teriyaki sauce so its fodmap friendly and lower in sugar/salt. And then I watch a girl I work with eat whatever she wants and just exercise it off. Sigh.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Comparing yourslef to others is not helpful! Everyy body is different, and what works for your colleague won't work for you.

I know how painful IBS can be, and I wish you patience and success in finding out what foods you can eat.
  • JengaJess
    JengaJess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I used to take green coffee bean extract pills. The directions were to take a pill with 8 oz of water 30 minutes before each meal and it was supposed to help you feel more full.
    I noticed I had maybe slightly more energy than usual. And at first I believed they were helping me feel full. But I'm now 95% sure that both those things were just in my head. When you buy something that's going to magically help you lose weight, you desperately want it to work.
    I desperately wanted these pills to help. They didn't.
    Eating at deficit did.

Also I remember feeling really bloated when I took those pills.
  • bonniebrastile
    bonniebrastile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Drink Green tea or black with Lemon. I like to do things naturally but since my Hysterectomy my doctor gave me a diet pill which is the only thing that worked so far exercising 3 times a week and eating healthy. I did all that before without the pill for 30 years and kept my weight right where it was suppose to be. But women if your Doctor says u need a Hysterectomy get 3 opinions first cause this is one of those surgerys that is not necessary unless l ife threatning like mine was Doctors love to do Hysterectomies. I had to have one cause I had 2 Hernias a tumor the size of a small Basketball, torn bladder, my fibroids were 7 inches long, ky intestines were twisted it was not fun.
  • jwhop3VA
    Options
    It has worked great for me so far. I weighed in at 196 when I started it, used it as a meal replacement, usually eith luch or dinner. I walk about 30 minutes at 3.5 mph every day. Other than that, working around the yard, chasing the kids, wrestling with a Saint Benard and playing tag with a Border Collie are my workouts. The first week with one shake a day, I had lost 6 pounds. Two weeks later, I'm down to 189 and using a new notch in my belt that has never seen service. I do feel full for the rest of the day. Do I still crave sweets? Yes! But, you gotta have willpower to do this. Shoot, you have to have willpower to down a whole protein shake, so the key is you.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    You could blend a cupcake in that shake and lose weight, so long as you're on a calorie deficit...
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You could blend a cupcake in that shake and lose weight, so long as you're on a calorie deficit...

And I like this recipe:

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/coffee-bean-cupcakes
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I went as far back as Aug 31 in your diary and gave up. You have not been logging at all. Completely empty for the month of September and probably beyond for idk. Try logging and keep your diary open and maybe we can help you determine where you are going wrong. It should start with how you normally eat. Then add in the exercise. Fad diets and supplements won't get you there.

Try logging consistently for a week or 2, then come back here and post a topic and keep your diary open.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Wait. This topic started back in May. Just noticed it now. lol
  • coonhoundmom50
    coonhoundmom50 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow you're like me, I like to do just dance Xbox, Jenny Ford marching on YouTube and will be starting Wii fit again; when I did the aerobics segment it was alot of fun and really didn't feel like exercise. Don't give up
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if OP has given up or not - perhaps she did, perhaps she lost all her weight.

Hard to tell after 4 years :D;)B)