Healthy meals?

Options
lbishop232
lbishop232 Posts: 21 Member
What are some healthy meals to eat? I'm getting tired of subway and eating the same things everyday. I could use some new ideas since I don't really know what to eat.

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    We probably need a few more details about you to help you out, like some of your likes/dislikes, any allergies, etc. What are the same things you are currently eating every day?

For me just mixing it up a little bit can really help out my routine. For instance, if I've been eating a lot of chicken salad on top of green salad, I'll mix in some curry powder in the next batch, add some almonds/dried cranberries, or switch to tuna salad for a bit.

I also mix up salads by switching to a Greek salad or Spinach salad, or adding different toppings (a new type of cheese, a different seed/nut, pickling my own beets).
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Do you mean all meals, or just lunch?

I like to have protein with every meal, so for example eggs for breakfast, tuna and salad or crackers for lunch, and chicken or fish and veg for dinner, or something like chilli or spaghetti with lean mince, or jacket potato with some sort of filling.

You're welcome to look at my food diary. I've had a few weeks off logging as I've just had a baby and just started logging again, so you'll have to go back a bit. At the end of pregnancy I had a few extra treats, so ignore those lol.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Look at random peoples food diaries to see what they have, not to replicate but to inspire. Look at mine if you like, I may not be ideal (ate out twice yesterday) but week day more constrained, apart from fridays carrot binge which was a little weird.

My workday lunch is a similar, just swapping my meats.
    Salad can be varied and have that often.