calorie counting watch

Options
i'm looking for a good (and affordable) watch that counts your calories as you work out. know of any? :)

Replies

• Jlln_G1011
    Jlln_G1011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i have a sportline 960 solo - so far so good.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    There are many different types and brands depending on what fits your needs/wants. Polar brands have the most accurate calculations for calories.

Things you want to look for:

Chest strap - this will continuously monitor your heart rate while you workout so you can accurate judge effort
    Coded - If you workout around other people or machines you want one that is coded so you don't interference

Try searching ebay or overstock.com to get good prices. Amazon.com is usually a good place for reviews.

Have fun.
  • JGCowboy
    Options
    Polar usually is a reliable brand...you need to ask yourself what are you needing it for? Just calorie countiing and HRM for indoor fitness or to track your runs, etc? Each brand has some specific benefits...Garmin makes some decent ones for tracking runs, but some compain about their indoor use. My first polar lasted a long time and I have a FT4 on its way as a replacement. My first one lasted a long time....just research them well because some can get over $400+ CRAZY...
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and it has been awesome. I use it everytime I workout and since getting it and truly knowing how many calories I am burning I am seeing much faster and bigger losses!!!!! Iwould really suggest that! It is the best of the best and is reflected in the price. I paid 110.00 ish for mine but I have to say it was more than worth it and as much as I use it it has more than paid for itself... also you can change the batt on your own instead of having to send it away like other models.
  • ZacFields
    ZacFields Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started using a Polar FT7 today. Got it on Ebay for about $80 shipped... brand new in box and all. Didn't save me a ton of money... I think they're like $110 in store, but hey that's $30.

I used it today for a workout and it was great. All the reviews I've read on them say that the Polar brands are the most accurate for calorie counting. People have compared the Polar HRMs to the Exerspy and the Bodybugg (which are extremely accurate calorie tracking devices) and they say Polar is right there in line with them during workouts.

You can probably get an FT4 for around $50 on Ebay, or around $85 brand new at a Sporting Goods store.