Anyone else LOVE almond nut butter.....

Options
gmhenry2014
gmhenry2014 Posts: 42 Member
And how do you use it? I've tried it with dark rye Bread, rice cakes, oatcakes. Also used when baking protein cake & protein flapjacks :smile:

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    OMG, I recently discovered this. It has yet to meet bread, I keep spooning it straight from the jar.

I bought it because I have a recipe taking a healthy bread of your choice, spreading almond butter on it, adding sliced bananas, drizzling with maple syrup and sprinkling with coarse salt...but again...I just can't get past the jar.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Love it on toast with sliced banana :happy:
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I've made muffins with it and black bean brownies, also nut butter freezer fudge. I love it on toast with a drizzle of honey, or a tbsp on top of steel cut oats and a drizzle of real maple syrup.

Or just straight from the jar, that's also agreeable.
  • gmhenry2014
    gmhenry2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I sometimes have a problem with the jar too!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    yep, until I found cashew butter and loved that even more
  • xkissylou
    xkissylou Posts: 76
    Options
    Looooove it on toast or with celery.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I mix it with yoghurt and maple syrup.
  • liannadooks
    liannadooks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love it with ezekiel cinnamon bread. My cat "Maria" will eat almond butter but NOT peanut butter. Lol
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    i loved almond butter for years....and then about a month ago I discovered natural sunflower seed butter. It is soooo good and just a little lighter in fat at 12g a serving. I used them both on apples and bananas, on toast, and in protein shakes.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like to use it to make Chocolate Chip Almond Butter cookies, they are so delicious. The recipe can be found at Sally's Baking Addiction if anyone is interested.
  • thesweetpea59
    thesweetpea59 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Simply smeared on sweet apple slices. Worth the calories and very satisfying!