hi

Options
Hi! I am a nursing mom and I wondered if anyone knows how many extra calories you are suppused to intake?

Replies

• emvanveelen
    emvanveelen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a nursing mom and I wondered if anyone knows how many extra calories you are suppused to intake?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Not sure on the calories exactly I am sure someone will though. Isn't like 500 or more?
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    Yes, I believe it is 500 calories extra for a nursing mommy. :smile:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    you might want to go to babyfit.com. They might have better info for you.
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    500 is true. Best of luck to you! and your baby! :flowerforyou:
  • bishop7705
    Options
    You don't have to take in 500 extra calories, nursing burns 500 extra calories; sort of nature's way of re-establishing homeostasis and burning off pregnancy weight.
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You don't have to take in 500 extra calories, nursing burns 500 extra calories; sort of nature's way of re-establishing homeostasis and burning off pregnancy weight.

Oh! duh! that is true. :happy:

I nursed 3, and I never bothered to diet while still nursing. As soon I tried, my milk production slowed big time. :drinker: Everyone is different....I know people who drop their pregnancy weight really fast because they nurse. Not me...:grumble:
  • cnolovechild
    Options
    I believe there was a thread awhile back about nursing moms... Do a search on nursing or breast feeding and see what comes up. :happy:
  • emvanveelen
    emvanveelen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you!