Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Why not just...eat a meal?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I just eat food. You could make a protein shake though , they are quick and easy to make.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes :) juice plus is also good
  • minusalatte
    minusalatte Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have gone from eating 1 meal a day for years to working on having 3 meals a day. I really hate eating in the morning I get very nauseous. So, if I don't feel like having a meal when I get up I will have a nutrition drink. I usually get the Market Pantry Target Creamy Chocolate Nutrition Shake and have that chilled or over ice. Bad thing about that is it has 22 sugars so then I try to lessen my sugar intake throughout the day as best I can!
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would recommend to make your own protein shakes, a scoop of protein powder, water or almond/soy/regular milk, berries, peanut butter etc. mix it up in a blender. you could also make smoothies/juices with veggies and fruit. cheaper and healthier than prepackaged meal replacements
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    If you plan on using meal replacement drinks to replace a meal, please think twice because it won't make you lose weight any faster. Why not just eat real food?
  • HalfwayGone
    HalfwayGone Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I've been having juice plus, mainly because I haven't had much time to eat anything besides the odd bit of fruit during the day recently...
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I would recommend to make your own protein shakes, a scoop of protein powder, water or almond/soy/regular milk, berries, peanut butter etc. mix it up in a blender. you could also make smoothies/juices with veggies and fruit. cheaper and healthier than prepackaged meal replacements

I so this if I am running late for breakfast and sometimes after the gym if I need the protein, but mainly I just eat real food as I cannot see me doing meal replacements forever.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would honestly recommend real food.

However, I guess most of my breakfast are "drinks" and not solid food. I really like chocolate protein shakes because they taste like chocolate malts to me and I have a weakness for those lol. It is like having ice-cream most mornings but the shakes have like 40g of protein lol. I also really like green smoothies (spinach, strawberries, blueberries, lemon) with protein powder in them as well (so instead of a chocolate malt its like having a creamy fruit smoothie).
  • Quinn4A
    Quinn4A Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your input. I generally eat real food and prefer to but sometimes my days are hectic and I find that I make unhealthy choices. I posted this in hopes of having something quick and healthy and filling instead of the junk I have been choosing lately.

Thanks!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your input. I generally eat real food and prefer to but sometimes my days are hectic and I find that I make unhealthy choices. I posted this in hopes of having something quick and healthy and filling instead of the junk I have been choosing lately.

Thanks!
    My days are always hectic. The workaround is to make more than you can eat in a meal and make a packed lunch/dinner, whatever it is.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Not sure why everyone is saying "eat real food". It's not like you posted "hey everyone I want to replace all my meals with meal replacements drinks and bars, what should I get?".

I use GNC Total Lean 25. You can sometimes get them buy 1 get 1 50% off, so I stock up when that happens (in fact they are doing it right now for Memorial Day). I have one every morning for breakfast after my morning workout. I definitely don't have much of an appetite in the morning, and really don't have time to cook.

I do buy frozen fruit to throw in (and yes, I weigh and log it) to give it a little more bulk. The Rich Chocolate tastes just fine plain, the French Vanilla is so thin for some reason that I have to add 150 g of frozen strawberries.