Push ups!

Options
If there is one thing that I couldn't do when I first started this journey it was push ups! Oh...I could do 10 of the kind on my knees but not normal ones.

Today is a monumental day!!!!!!!!!

I DID 31 PUSH UPS!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:glasses:

AND to top it off, some of them were with one leg and some were the diving kind. Basically, I did this intense interval workout. It was pretty much 20 different moves and you do each move as many times as you can for one minute and then go directly onto the next one. It was super hard but it showed me how much stronger I've gotten since I started working out.

I just am super proud of myself and wanted to brag a little. :ohwell: :smile:

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    If there is one thing that I couldn't do when I first started this journey it was push ups! Oh...I could do 10 of the kind on my knees but not normal ones.

Today is a monumental day!!!!!!!!!

I DID 31 PUSH UPS!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:glasses:

AND to top it off, some of them were with one leg and some were the diving kind. Basically, I did this intense interval workout. It was pretty much 20 different moves and you do each move as many times as you can for one minute and then go directly onto the next one. It was super hard but it showed me how much stronger I've gotten since I started working out.

I just am super proud of myself and wanted to brag a little. :ohwell: :smile:

I am so very very very proud of you! That is amazing!
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Well done!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    OF COURSE YOU SHOULD BREAK! All I can ever muster are the fake ones on my knees...:blushing:

GO SARAH!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • supersarah14
    Options
    Awwww geee. :blushing:

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!! That is awesome!
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    That is so amazing!!! Good for you!! BRAG...you deserve it!! Have to tell you I truly know what you mean. I have never (as far back that I can remember!) been able to do a push up. I'm almost 49 and I did 5 this week!!! Of course, my little achievement gives me a boost to continue trying to do more and now, with your results, I'll def keep trying!! Thanks for posting this!!!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!! That was one of my biggest goals when I started out...I could do about 8 on my knees & ZERO "real" push-ups & now I can do 16 in a row touching my chin to the floor! Keep up the great work. You'll probably have to post again soon bragging that you did 50 :happy:
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options

That is so exciting. Congratulations. You definitely need to brag for yourself and something for us to aspire to. :) One question though...when you started out with the kind of your knees...were you able to go all the way down. I can't do that and just doing that would make me feel as happy as your are now. :)
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    I am impressed and inspired! I've been doing "girl" push ups every night with the goal of eventually being able to do regular ones. I started with 5 (that was all I could do) and just did 15 last night.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to do some regular ones. You've given me hope that it can happen.

Woo hoo!
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic. I can't do a push-up at all, so I admire you for being able to do 31 in a row and different kinds. Congratulations on your hard work, it must feel good to see it paying off like that.
  • toddgaines
    Options
    Awesome job Sarah! I still hate push-ups, they use SOOO many muscles.
  • foyboy
    foyboy Posts: 49
    Options
    Awesome!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing P90X, great job on your results.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do good push ups those are my enemy lol
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking how this would be a success! I have never been able to do a single push up... and since I started my journey I still can't. I can start in the position go down and then get stuck not being able to push back up :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!