I'm Dropping the lbs during Deployment!

Options
My husband is deploying, and I want to lose weight and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight! I want to lose about 60lbs and have a year to do it! Please help me get and stay motivated! I have a tendancy to lose focus, and would love some of you to be my support group!

hmvannoy

Replies

• thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Friend request on its way!!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to the site! This a great place to get motivated. I've always been the type to start something (such as diets) but quit after a week. With all the support I get on here and how bad I actually want this for myself, I am determined to get this weight off. I'm hoping to lose 40lbs by the summer.

I'm a stay at home mom of 3 young children and haven't gotten rid of my baby weight. Horrible..lol.

I'm actually an Army brat, my husband served in the Army, my brother just returned from Afghanistan (Army) and my brother in law is in the Army.

Good luck to you on your new journey.
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Ferdiebirdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing my hubby's last deployment and it was SO worth it. I felt so much better about myself. It can get stressful as deployments do, but the work is so worth the reward, I promise :)
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you as a friend! My mom lives in Clarksville, and I lived there for a little while! My step-dad is deployed in Kandahar right now. Good to have you here!
  • denamyvak99
    Options
    I feel you! I used my husbands deployment (he just got back in Oct) to drop weight, I joined MFP to lose the last stubborn15 or so pounds! I'll send you a friend request :)
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I ll will add you I am looking to lose that much for this year if not more......
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    My husband says MFP has made the difference. I'm big on starting projects, getting overwhelmed, giving up and this site has really really helped with sustaining my motivation. I like to blog out my worries and make it a point to check in everyday. I'll friend you!
  • mamato4boys1girl
    Options
    I'm right there with you!
    Hubby leaves in March for atleast 6 months but maybe more and my goal is to get off the rest of the baby weight plus as much as I can while he is gone. We can fight this together & give each other support while they are away.

My name is Christi, I am 32, been married for almost 12 years & a mother of 4 boys ranging in ages from almost 10 years to 3 months. I have been battling with my weight since the birth of my first in 2001 but have gotten really serious about it since the birth of my 4th in October. I really want to look better than I have in a really long time when hubby gets home. Feel free to friend me and I look forward to chatting with you more.
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi there I totally know the feeling!!!!!!!!!
    You can do this!!!!! We will have to help support each other I have almost 60lbs to lose too =D
    Good luck!
  • schimelpfeniga
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm glad I found this group :) My boyfriend deployed with the Army National Guard out of Idaho back in November. My friend and I are both trying to lose weight and get healthy while our boyfriends are gone. It's been great to track our diet, exercise and weight with the myfitnesspal apps on our phone. It's been motivating to see what each other is doing. But I thought I'd try to find a few more people for us to connect with to get a little extra motivation!
  • Amandagoodwin07
    Options
    I've been working out and eating a lot better since my boyfriend left in September. I haven't seen much weight loss yet but I'm feeling better and Anna says I am looking skinnier! Woohoo for getting healthier while our fellas are deployed!