This is probably been asked before....

Options
I know somewhere on here this has been asked. But i am about to make a homemade meal and it is not on the food dairy and was wondering if there is a way to fine out a way how much calories is in the meal by just using the recipe. Thank and again sorry if this has been asked before.

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    sure. Click food, then recipe and add the ingredients, and divide the meal into servings. MFP will do the math!
    HTH
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    There is a receipe builder here under your food log.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Not sure how anyone else does it, but i tend to write down all of the ingredients, as much as possible, record their nutritional value on paper, add them up and then divide them by servings. If it is something that will be used again i will save it on MFP for later use. It is a little time consuming, but worth it in the end for me. If anyone else has ideas, i would LOVE to hear it!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hi Bobby- it sounds like you are doing the same thing the recipe calculator on MFP does, just on paper.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    the recipe builder is awesome!!!.......Once you put it in you can acess your owe recipe anytime you like.
  • swopeswick
    swopeswick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can also use sparkpeople.com
  • alysen2012
    Options
    Thanks everyone didnt know that MFP had that i learn something new about this website everyday. :)
  • FutureFormerFatGurl
    Options
    I could have used this tonight..thanks for asking/sharing =)