What is the best fitnessband/hear rate monitor?

Options
Just seeking some opinions on the best fitness band. I'm lookin to buy one soon

Replies

• amberflo143
    amberflo143 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit which pushes me to take more steps in the day and I use the polar f4 (very simple and user friendly) to tell me how many calories I have burned etc.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    If you are referring to general - 24/7 use....then Bodymedia Armband is the best. Next would be a fitbit (though not accurate with exercises that involve lifting.)
  • niftytoo
    niftytoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Jawbone and can't wait to get it. For some in depth reviews go to Amazon.com and read the reviews and comparisons to the Fitbit. Interesting from people who have used both. Good features on both and it's a toss up, but I chose Jawbone because... not sure why.... just attracted to it. Good luck. I'll write more when I've had mine for a while.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Garmin and Polar are the gold standards in heart rate monitors. I use a Garmin Forerunner 110, which is great at measuring calories burned, and also uses GPS to track distance, altitude change, and map my route.

If you want more of a round-the-clock device, consider a Vivofit or Loop.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT7.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Polar. I also have a got bit but prefer my polar heart rate monitor
  • ancms
    ancms Posts: 2
    Options
    I just bought a Mio alpha. I like it better than the polar. The polar battery doesn't seem to last more than 6 months - and costs about $70 to replace - and you have to send it in. The Mio Alpha - is rechargeable, and you don't have to wear a band around your chest. I just got my Mio a couple of days ago - and love it. When not using it to check heartrate/pulse - it doubles as a watch.
    It doesn't calculate calories however, but it will track workout time/and intensity, etc. When you plug it into the computer to charge, it will upload your information into the computer to give you your calories, etc.