Newbie MFP member with some questions

Options
Hello All!!
I'm new on the site about 5 days now. I think I've been doing pretty good with tracking my food and implementing exercise. Well for now anyway...lol! I've added a few of my friends and wanted to know the actual purpose of it. If you're friends with someone on here...how exactly does it work??? what of the other person's info do you see...can you see their exercise tracking and food tracking info? I was just wondering as I'd like to use this as a great support tool with my friends. Any help on this ? would be helpful.

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It depends on your friends settings.
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    HI JJones!!! Welcome!! I have been here for 1 year and 5 days! I remember when I first started tyring to get the hang of this program and what it has to offer!! Ok, for me, I don't ever look at my "friends" profiles. On your own home page, your friends "comments" will post as well as comments you want to post. Take advantage of the message board!! You are going to be amazed at what you can learn form those who are on here. Go throuh each discussion catagory and read through some of what ever interests you. Also, when you have questions, stories, frustrations or successes, don't be afraid to share them! The people on here have truly helped me get through many difficult weeks and months, especially in the beginning and the funny thing is, almost all of them don't even know what an impact that have had on my personal progress!!! I think the best advise I could possibly give you regarding this site is to log on each day, make sure you track your food and pay attention to the numbers you need to be at. You will learn as you go, just like I did and probably like most of the people here! Best of luck to you!
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I know that all of my friend I can view their food/exercise logs, the topics they've posted on, ect ect. If you need a hand figuring out things like how to cut calories from a day they can suggest subsitutions (ie Jello fat free instead of Hunts pudding cups). They're a great motivation and excellent at keeping you going. I know if I notice someone missing a few days in a row I'll pop them a message asking how they're doing and reminding them to stick with it.
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    I just realized I never really answered your question!! Sorry bout that! LIke I stated above, I really don't know how the "friends" profile info works, so hopefully someone else will respond to your request!
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome to the party!