Ice cubes~

Options
I sit at a desk all day and it makes it very easy to just "snack" so I always keep a glass full of ice cubes at hands reach... so chewing on ice cubes may be bad for ur teeth but they do fight the urge to munch on cheetos or anything unhealthy!! It also fills me up inbetween breakfast and lunch which is my struggle to stay away from the vending machines!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day and it makes it very easy to just "snack" so I always keep a glass full of ice cubes at hands reach... so chewing on ice cubes may be bad for ur teeth but they do fight the urge to munch on cheetos or anything unhealthy!! It also fills me up inbetween breakfast and lunch which is my struggle to stay away from the vending machines!!:bigsmile:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Good thought! I'd try it, but I have horribly sensitive teethers :(
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Imagine that... your getting your water intake as well :) How brillant
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds funny but I love the ice cubes from subway, they are perfect little oval shapes and just big enough to melt quickly in my mouth yummmm If I could have an ice maker that made that kind of ice I would die happy.:laugh:
  • dachinababe
    Options
    it's a good idea to chew on ice mindlessly because it has no calories but the tendency to chew on ice is also a way your body is trying to tell you that you are deficient in iron. :smile: this is what my doc told me anyway cause i love to chew ice...lol..
  • byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    interesting on the iron thing ...<-- I wouldnt be surprised .
    I go through about 4 glasses full of small ice cubes in 7 hours. But all in all, if I feel the slight urge to get a "snack" especially when I know I dont need one I start chewing!!!