exercise help

Options
CuAlMc
CuAlMc Posts: 139 Member
I need some help with some ides for exercise. I usually do a lot of cardio exercise including zumba, cross trainer, and a lot of HIIT dvds. but I have done the tendons or ligaments in my foot and cant put any pressure on it till the pain has gone. I have rested for over a week now and feel like I need to do some sort of exercise but I don't know what. I do have hand weights and resistance bands hope someone can help or lead me in the right direction to get some appropriate exercises that I can do.

Replies

• fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i know hurting your foot is one of the most restricting things that can happen in reference to exercise. you might want to consider going to the doctor for some corticosteroids. with that being your fastest route to recovery, don't stress too much. you can always do upper body. bench press and (if you can handle it) deadlifts are great compound movements that burn a lot of calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Plantar sprain or strain?

Strain can take a couple weeks, sprained will take 6 weeks minimum.

Press your luck and you could have misery for a year, so watch it.

Upper body body weight exercises. If hand weights or bands actually provide too much resistance, then you did too much cardio, but use them and get your muscles going.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    How about swimming?
  • fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    oh perfect, after all it is summer.
  • CuAlMc
    CuAlMc Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    im not allowed to put any pressure on my foot so need to do sitting lying exercises. swimming would be ok but cant get to a heated pool as im in Australia its winter here even though this week hasn't felt like it don't think I want to go to an outdoor pool.
  • CrescentCityGirl
    CrescentCityGirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Pilates and yoga may be good options til you heal. PM if you want DVD suggestions.