Any hope for under arms and inner thighs?

Options
mell4now
mell4now Posts: 33 Member
Hi everyone, I was just noticing some of the benefits of my workouts especially in the legs, calves, shoulders, butt and hips, but can't seem to get notable results on the underarm/tricep area and inner thighs. They're just plain embarrassing!

Has anyone actually spot reduced in those areas with successful results?

Is there any way to get those unsightly, flabby, squishy, areas to noticeably firm up WITHOUT needing some sort of surgery??? I'm so tired of my turkey neck arms, and would like to include more tank tops in my wardrobe this summer!

Thanks!

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You want to include tank tops in your wardrobe THIS summer? Not gonna happen, sorry. Should have started last September.

Nobody has ever had success spot reducing. The first person to ever learn to do so will become an overnight millionaire.

It is completely impossible to spot reduce, in any capacity, from anywhere on your body. You body will remove fat first from wherever it is genetically predisposed to lose fat from first.

Continue at a calorie deficit, lift heavy weights, and be patient. You''ll get there eventually. Good luck.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts do you do? You can't spot reduce, sadly..
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
  • fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    work those tris girl! it just takes time
  • mell4now
    mell4now Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I kinda figured the "spot reduction" term was just a ploy for marketers to sell gimmicky equipment such as the "Thigh master" lol and for this moment, my workouts need to be kept toned down due to pregnancy, but include a lot of walking and some resistance exercises that do not put strain on the mid section for now. I will include swimming as soon as the pool warms up by 10 degrees it's only 58 F. right now burrrrrr!!
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    also my cousing has had a lot of success toning with yoga, low impact ftw!
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    What they said ^

But also wanted to add... If you want to wear tank tops... Just do it :) I hate my arms but I won't suffer in summer haha I always wear tanks
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I agree - you can't spot reduce which really f***king sucks.

However, squats have improved my thighs (including my inner thighs) greatly. I never miss them.
  • zebes99
    zebes99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of excersizes I could show you for arms if you want. Legs, not so much. Don't want to accidentally end up working the mid section... :)