Looking to the past for your future

Options
What is something you would love to tell yourself in the past?
It can be anything

Replies

• mikaselm
    Options
    Dear past self: Just because you own a stove and buy your own groceries for the first time in you life does not make a pound of fried bacon a suitable choice for supper!
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That things aren't has hard as they seem.
    Life gets better and you can handle anything.

I not only wish I could tell that to my teenage self, but all the teenagers...
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    "PUT THE CHIPS DOWN!!"

Haha, in all seriousness, I'd tell myself to stay active. I'm so disappointed in how inactive and unfit I've become over the years. It makes me sad how tired I get from just walking so fast. And it isn't even that hard to stay even a little fit. I was just lazy lazy lazy. :p
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    There are so many things I would tell my past self. First would be to take care of myself and try to find myself and not get lost in what others expect of me. Then I would remind myself to enjoy whatever stage in life I am in, because I'll miss it when I'm old and boring. Then I would remind myself to work hard at friendship and keeping those ties I used to have. Finally, I would tell myself that there's no better way to spend my time or money than taking care of myself: get up, get out, get moving. Stop punishing yourself and DO something about it already!
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    you are not as fat as you imagine......Baz Luhrmann Lyrics
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    DON'T SETTLE!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Two things -- yep, what you ate when you were thin will catch up with you one of these days because you can't keep eating like that later in life. Other one would be -- do not apply for credit cards. Bad. Bad. Bad. choices.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Don't stop dancing!
  • mikaselm
    Options
    Oh! I'm with you on the credit cards, my self past couldn't have used that knowledge too.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    Don't stop dancing!

I echo that!!
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Don't cry. Don't get down on yourself. If you are persistent and consistent, the size 2 will come in no time.
  • ssmenzel01
    Options
    Believe in yourself. You really can do whatever you set your mind to.
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't marry him!
  • AngelaMiale
    Options
    Don't settle! WHAT A GOOD ONE!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Most people won't understand this, but - "Don't listen to your parents!"

I'm not talking about my teenage years though.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Dear me: dont think the guy is amazing just because he told you that you are pretty.