Army wife in Idaho

Options
Hi everyone,

I actually found this site via the droid market for an app on my phone. I really like this site, and like it even more that it is free! Anyway, I'm an Army wife of almost 9 years, and have 2 kids - 7 years old and 2 years old. I am a stay at home mom and college student.

I talked to an owner of a local gym and he wants to work with my financial issues so I can join his gym, so told him that I can pay for a whole year but I have to wait for my student loan money to come in at the end of the month. So he said that I can start working out now, and he will accept payment on Feb 1st, and he waived the enrollment fee! So I officially signed up last night, and my first workout is later this afternoon.

I'm from New Mexico, living in North Idaho, and I love cooking! I host a cooking group on facebook, which I really need to start posting healthy recipes on it now, called "Cooking With Liz." I have around 60 pounds to lose, and I think I can do it by October.

Nice to see everyone on here! Keep up the good work! And if you fall off the wagon, you can get back on it tomorrow!

-Liz

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!!! That is great that the owner was willing to work with you.
  • Lknott
    Lknott Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also an Army wife in North Idaho! I am new to MFP too. I love it so far, seems like great support and encouragment! Good luck, sounds like you are off to a great start.

3559963.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!!!!!!! You can do it!
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was just an Army brat! Welcome to MFP! :smile:
  • eirelass
    Options
    Hi Liz! I'm also from New Mexico and new to MFP ;) Welcome and go for it!!

- Lisa
  • armywifeliz
    Options
    Hi Liz! I'm also from New Mexico and new to MFP ;) Welcome and go for it!!

- Lisa

Hey Lisa! My family calls me Lisa, lol.. Anyway, what part of NM? I grew up in Moriarty/Edgewood area in the east mnts.