Finished rundouble C25K

Options
Sobus76
Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
Finished the program today, a week ahead of the program. I did the distance version, not timed, and finished in 38:23, no walking. Felt good to finish it today, and I'm going to do the time improvement program. I want to get under 30 minutes and then work on 10k. I also lost 20lbs just doing myfitnesspal and this program 3 days a week

Replies

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Strong work! Keep it up!
  • Gaaya3
    Gaaya3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm on week 8, day 2 tomorrow. I'm doing the timed version, so I haven't run 5 k yet. Based on my current time, I'll probably complete 5k in 40 minutes. What is this time improvement program you speak of? Is there an app or a specific schedule to follow?
  • Sobus76
    Options
    it's one of the plans in the rundouble app that i used for C25K, its supported by MFP. it's a 13 week plan, you run 3-4x a week, every other run is a full 5k, the other days you do intervals where you push your pace, then break.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Sobus76
    Options
    just ran it again today, improved my time. saturday wasnt a fluke :D
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It gets better from here on out! Are you running any races? I suggest you do. I didn't run my first 5K until couple of weeks ago although I finished C25K in March. It was an exhilarating experience and it motivated me to sign up for a 10K; which is next week). I also tried the timing improvement version of 5k runner but didn't do it. I just worked on a 10k programme. Lots of runners on here suggest increasing mileage base to improve pace. I agree with it! My pace has improved since I started hitting 6 miles consistently. I'm also continuing and doing a HM training starting right after the 10K. It's exciting! Welcome to the club.
  • Sobus76
    Options
    I want to do a 5k race this summer. i have heard people say that about just doing 10k to improve 5k time. the main reason i want to do the time improver first is because i have limited time (about an hour) to run/workout before work, i figured if i could start by getting 25-30 minutes for a 5k i would have more time to work on a 10k plan. the 10k is on my todo list though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!