Help!why aren't I losing any weight?

Options
Hi :) I'm 31, 5"7 and weigh 139lbs approx.i look ok but I'd like to get to 132lbs.iv been doing calorie counting for a while now and nothing's happening .last week I lost 2lbs but iv put it back on today! I try to stick to the 1200 calories approx on most days but sometimes it's hard. I don't excersise much but my job is lightly active. I feel like before I was counting calories and not thinking about it I lost weight easier. Iv opened up my diary for you to view,any tips would be great. I just feel disheartened. Ps I drink loads of water no pop!

Replies

• pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I just had a look and - and bearing in mind I'm new too - you're not hitting your calories daily. Also, there's a fair amount of booze in there, which fills up your calorie count but doesn't do anything good for your body (vodka, wine etc). It looks like you're not eating when you've had booze as well because you're aware of the calorie intake, which doesn't feel good either! Also, your meals seem very spare, and perhaps they don't have great nutritional intake. Do you make them from scratch? If they're shop-bought, maybe look at making them yourself - I reckon you could shove a ton more vegetables into your diet.

Anyway, that's my two penn'worth. Hope it vaguely helped!
  • louise2817
    louise2817 Posts: 5
    Options
    Iv been eating shop bought ready meals, because I can be sure of the calories in them!i do try to add in my own salad stuff such as spinach, tomatoes, onion etc. I know booze isn't good it's just hard to avoid sometimes, and I used to drink a lot more :/! Iv lowered my goal to 1/2 a lb a week instead of 1, which gives me 1470 a day and according to the diary iv been generally keeping within that. Do you think I will lose this eventually?
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Ditch the alcohol and the pre-made sodium filled rubbish for a week or two and see if it makes a difference. On a deficit you need good wholesome ingredients as much as possible to keep you full and healthy. Also, being female, you may find you put water weight on during your cycle which can be dispiriting but has nothing to do with your longterm progress. Looking at how much you lose in a month rather than a week will keep you more sane! Good luck with it.
  • lilyrosieposie3
    lilyrosieposie3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello I am not really an expert at this because I only started my fitness pal a week ago. By looking at your diary, it looks as though you, like me are eating too many carbs. You seem to be going over the amount every day.
    I would increase your protein and cut down on carbs.
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    I just went back maybe 7-10 days and it would help if you didn't go over your calories as frequently as you do. There's nothing wrong with having a day where you go over (for me it's usually Sunday), but having multiple days where you exceed by a significant amounts (500+ calories), especially considering you're targeting 1/2 lb/week, it doesn't leave you much wiggle room.
  • louise2817
    louise2817 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yeah I guess I am gonna have to be stricter :/. What foods are carby ? I know bread and potatoes. Just feel down about it :( thanks for all your advice.
  • lilyrosieposie3
    lilyrosieposie3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Carb containing foods
    Sugar (look out for hidden sugars when buying prepared oven meals
    Rice, pasta, bread, potatoes, cereals. Cakes, biscuits and alcohol contains carbs too
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Iv been eating shop bought ready meals, because I can be sure of the calories in them!i do try to add in my own salad stuff such as spinach, tomatoes, onion etc. I know booze isn't good it's just hard to avoid sometimes, and I used to drink a lot more :/! Iv lowered my goal to 1/2 a lb a week instead of 1, which gives me 1470 a day and according to the diary iv been generally keeping within that. Do you think I will lose this eventually?

You can be sure of the calories, but not of the good they're doing you. Believe me, ready meals have been a staple for me until recently (laziness/health issues) and while they're fine as a one-off if you rely on them you will probably not be getting a balanced diet. Try to replace one of them with something home-made?

I think you could easily lose 1lb a week - you just need to make sure you're putting good stuff in and doing a decent amount of exercise. Don't deny yourself and avoid things you like, just moderate and try to eat fresh where possible.