I am the best at dieting ever until......

Options
I'm the best at dieting ever until 8:30PM... I turn into a fastfood werewolf and want to eat everthing in sight.. unfortunately, I get off at 8 PM so I don't go to bed until 11-12.

I try not to eat anything after 7, but so far, sadly unsuccessful. Though I didnt break into the snack cakes, I did have to throw in another 150 cal snack. Any ideas?

Replies

• jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Buy the low calorie snacks.
  • MarilynMarie
    Options
    DRINK TONS OF WATER
    not even kinding water is an appitite suppresant
    i would also say coffee but the caffine from it actually makes you eat MORE
  • TLRAAB
    TLRAAB Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm the same way. I try to save a couple hundred calories to munch down while the rest of the world sleeps :) Being that I stay up until 2:00 most nights that means I don't get up very early so I generally save my breakfast to have late at night. A light snack - usually fruit - in the morning is all I can handle so it works well for me. I also generally track what I'm going to eat earlier in the day so those calories aren't used for anything else. Hope that helps but I'm interested to see what suggestions others may have.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    try to find things that are filling that you can eat quite a bit of for the amount of calories like a big bowl of popcorn, an apple with peanut butter, etc, since you know this about yourself you can save extra calories for this time of day and plan what you are going to eat into your daily cal allotment. Plan everything out if you must eat fast food look up the place ahead of time and find out what your best choices are taco bell chicken soft taco is only 170 cals, wendys lrg chili is only 330 cals. The key is to plan, plan , plan. Also you can build in more exercise to give yourself a few more calories. You can do this. I hope this helps
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    Big salad with some deli turkey lunch meat, a couple of whole grain crackers crumbled in and lots of fresh veggies. Crunchy, cold, mouth feel food - will fill you up. If you prepare in advance and it's just in the fridge it's easy to put together.

Oatmeal is filling

Apple with small amount of cheese or peanut butter
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Are you under your calories all the time? Maybe you need to change what your eating during the day and maybe you won't be so hungry at night..... just a thought?
  • helenamonks
    Options
    I did really good tonight until about 10 when my stomach started growling... gonna have to be self control I'm afraid. Thank goodness I keep healthy snacks and live in the middle of nowhere.

As to the planning for fast food, I actually have a list of foods at every chain that fit into my diet plan reasonably, I just find that when I smell grease it goes downhill from there. (its a gateway HAHA)
  • leahleahleah77
    leahleahleah77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! The night time cravings are the worst for me...and I feel terrible when I give into temptation. When I feel like I'm about to head for the fridge, I will do one of three things. I pop in a piece of gum, brush my teeth (because nothing tastes good once your breath is fresh), or I drink a ton of water. I've noticed that I feel hungry when I'm dehydrated and water kills two birds with one stone. I am refreshed and my belly feels full!
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If you need something sweet... a cup of low-fat chocolate milk?
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! My hubby works graves so it is so hard for me not to chow down... I have learned that if I workout at night it helps not be so hungry. I also love to sip hot tea after my workout and shower to settle down :) If I am hungry I eat something small though I HATE going to bed on an empty stomach and then I can't sleep.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue :( Try distracting yourself with tv or talk to your friends on the phone!