Calling all juice-cleansers!

Options
I know there will be a lot of anti-fast/cleanse people here, but I am looking for people to share their experiences with juice fasting. I have a friend who did one for 60 days. She gained 6lbs back in the first week which was water weight and since then went onto lose another 15lbs, but she puts this all down to her vegan diet (which I do not want to do!) of course I want to eat well and within my calories etc, but not vegan.

I ask because I had a wedding 2 weeks ago and wanted to trim a few lbs beforehand, so did a 6 day cleanse. I was going to star coming off the fast the day after the wedding, but I still had so many vegetables left that I thought "what the hell I'll carry t on" as I wasn't really struggling with it and actually enjoyed it. It's now day 20 and I plan on stopping tomorrow and coming off the cleanse properly (slowly introducing solids back in) but I am still scared of the weight gain that so many people say they experience. I don't mean water weight- I fully expect that within the first week or two. But some
People say they gain it all back + more. Is this just because the over eat? And eat junk? I've also read blogs where people have said they kept it off and continue to lose.

I'm just scared I will fall into the first category, even if I do eat sensbly!! Sort of wish I have never started this now :/

Replies

• mncdk
    mncdk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you are going back to eating what you normally ate before your cleanse, you will end up and the weight you were, before your cleanse.
    Instead of doing cleanses, please research nutrition a little, so you can influence your everyday diet in positive ways, rather than use fancy diets that never have any long term results.
  • _loveinmytummy
    Options
    I eat well... Just not vegan.
    A typical day for me is vegetable omelette for breakfast
    Lunch is something like soup as a slice of wholewheat toast
    Dinner is usually simple, just salads or meat ad vegetables.
    Snaks are fruit, ricecakes, vegetables and dip.

I don't think my diet is TOO terrible... Not had enough that I want to drastically change it anyway :s
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    That was sort of all over the place - so it's hard to know what exactly you are looking for. Anyway - here's a great link that has tons of helpful information to help you develop a plan that is sustainable. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • _loveinmytummy
    Options
    Ok I am simply looking for
    "Has anyone had any experience with juice cleansing if so please share particularly regarding post-cleanse weight gain"
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ok I am simply looking for
    "Has anyone had any experience with juice cleansing if so please share particularly regarding post-cleanse weight gain"

Use the search function, the evidence will be on every Fad Juice Clense diet thread since the dawn of time.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    That was sort of all over the place - so it's hard to know what exactly you are looking for. Anyway - here's a great link that has tons of helpful information to help you develop a plan that is sustainable. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

read this link. It'll be more helpful
  • _loveinmytummy
    Options
    Yes of course I tried to slim down. I bought myself a size 8 drew (US 4) 7 months ago. Turns out I couldn't quite do up the zip, although was very close, so wanted to quickly and those last 5-6lbs. I don't see too much harm in that to be honest :S
  • LucasEVille
    Options
    Also from your previous forum posts about starting a Keto diet, an atkins diet and also your extremely low carb diet.... As someone posted on that forum post:

"Sounds like you've taken dieting to the extreme.
    The low carb plan I'm following is 50-100gms/day (net.)
    You haven't given us any of your stats either which makes advice more difficult. "

Moderation and correctly following your nutrient macros will be the best way forward with calorie counting to stick to the moderation :) good old fashioned hard work.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Also from your previous forum posts about starting a Keto diet, an atkins diet and also your extremely low carb diet.... As someone posted on that forum post:

You haven't given us any of your stats either which makes advice more difficult. "

Moderation and correctly following your nutrient macros will be the best way forward with calorie counting to stick to the moderation :) good old fashioned hard work.

You...I like you...
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yes of course I tried to slim down. I bought myself a size 8 drew (US 4) 7 months ago. Turns out I couldn't quite do up the zip, although was very close, so wanted to quickly and those last 5-6lbs. I don't see too much harm in that to be honest :S

You just answered your own question.... Next time buy the dress in the size you actually are. Easier and healthier to alter the dress over night than your weight.
  • LucasEVille
    Options

You...I like you...

574px-Happy-oh-stop-it-you-l.png
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You'll probably not be in as bad a spot as most people would be since you are using something to count the calories. I would suggest you get in the habit of weighing stuff pretty aggressively so when you go back to normal food you don't swing wildly into over compensation mode.

There's no real physiological change that takes place going from juice to non-juice it's just that most people who do only juice for a time are going to be freaking starving by the time they start eating food again, probably with some pretty pent up desires for protein and fat.

You'll probably find your tummy is happier if you add some of the protein and fat back in moderation via stuff like yogurt vs. a 32 ounce ribeye, at least at first.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I assume you have seen Joe Cross' book or film about juice fasting? He explains how to make the transfer from juicing to normal eating.
    Stef.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    When someone needs a book to tell them how to transition to normal eating, they're doing it wrong.

I disagree. After sixty days of juice fasting you have to ease back into eating and that was what he did. I never did a juice fast so would not want to comment on it.
    Stef.
  • LucasEVille
    Options
    When someone needs a book to tell them how to transition to normal eating, they're doing it wrong.

I disagree. After sixty days of juice fasting you have to ease back into eating and that was what he did. I never did a juice fast so would not want to comment on it.
    Stef.
    Doing........it..........wrong.

It = losing fat.

Word!

/End Thread
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

I think Kalteen bars would do the trick!