To the fat and determined; celebrate those small victories!

Options
I can walk up the stairs, while on the phone, and the person on the other end doesn't ask me "What's wrong?" because I am so out of breath.

I can eat 1 of something.

I can eat 0 of something.

I haven't gone down a pant size yet, but I can pull my stretchy capris right down without unbuttoning them.

My dress pants are loose.

I can zip up an old sweatshirt I haven't been able to zip up, ever, since I've owned it.

I don't need to sleep 10 hours a night.

I don't yet look forward to it, but when I am doing it, I enjoy my exercise walks.

I have lost almost 20% of my total weight loss goal.

I am aware of what I am putting in my mouth, and think twice before making a horrible, derailing decision.

I can get off the couch without turning, supporting, lifting, groaning.

I believe that I may have stopped snoring.

I've logged in 45 days here, the longest I have ever committed to weight loss.

I would love to hear your small victories, and the things that happen in your lives daily that help you know your efforts have been successful!

Replies

• MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! We have alot of similar ones but here goes.
    - I have this "Love Boston" hoodie I got last summer and it has always been tight and eventually got to the point I wouldn't wear it bc it rode up so much. Finally I can wear it pretty comfortably again :)
    - My feet DO get cramps now BUT they hurt less from basic stuff. Like I used to work a 4 hour shift on my feet and be hurting (I know ridiculous) and now I don't even notice it bc I'm always on my feet:)
    - I can almost keep up with my tall friends when we go walking together:)
    - I don't feel as sluggish bc my diet is not so ****ty:)
    -Clothes are getting looser, I have not lost a full size yet either though. :)
    -I feel comfortable making working out a priority and enjoy getting my girlfreind, friends and family involved:)
    -I am 42 days in on my fitness pal and this is MY longest time:)
    - Last spring I started MFP got to a 20 lb weight loss and hopped off the wagon, this time I'm 18 lbs down already and feel like I'm just getting started :)
    -My girlfriend has always been about 20-25 lbs lighter than me and I am almost caught "down" to her weight, so then we are going to have a household weight loss competition when we are even!! :)
    -I CANNOT help but update ppl on my weight loss lmao even if it's 2 lbs I spread that **** like the latest news and every time I tell someone my weight loss amt I think wow just a few weeks ago I was saying how much I was down and it was like half where I am now:)
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    here's one that happened 2 days ago..

I had a salad at a family gathering while everyone else was eating MY FAVORITE PIZZA!! that was seriously hard to do, even though i enjoy a good salad now.. the smell of that garlic butter cheese crust was killing me!
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've been logging here since mid April. Not as long as you but for me it seems like a sure thing.
    Today I tried on a size XXL Target trench coat which I bought ... in 2012 and had hoped I could lose weight in 2013 to fit it. It was very snug, I could put it on but not button it. I tried today and yes still a bit tight but I can button it!!
  • Lovely_Day1
    Lovely_Day1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can now squat down to get things out of the dryer without calling for my husband to help get me back up!
  • lavendah
    lavendah Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can wear relatively smaller sizes.

I no longer feel like a whale walking next to my slim friends.Well,I still feel fat,but not whale-ish. :)

Not related to body,but it's much easier to save a part of my internship earnings now cause I no longer indulge in excessive consumption of junk food.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I can clean and wipe myself better "back there" when going to the bathroom.