new wife struggling to lose it!

Options
I've been struggling the last few years to lose my weight after gaining a lot of weight. I've recently started watching my portions and eating healthier, but am so discouraged with working out. I really want to, but since I had surgery last week, I get frustrated when I can only walk on the treadmill (slowly) for 20 minutes before stopping. I want to put in good, hard workouts but am not physically ready to do that yet! I hope to be a healthier person and help my husband become healthy so we can have those good habits in place before starting our family.

Replies

• HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    Welcome! Don't stress yourself out about any of this. I've barely done any working out since I started around Halloween and I've lost 17 pounds by just watching what I eat. You recently had surgery? Take the time to relax and let your body heal. Don't worry about what you can't do yet. Just focus on what you can do and before you know it, you'll be increasing your workouts.

Get better soon!

...but don't stress if it doesn't happen right away. :wink:
  • tamvul8
    Options
    Be proud of what you are doing. Do not let it get you down. Your body needs time to heal. Tammy
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I think it's easy to focus on the end, BIG goals like "xx pounds" or "be skinny". You have to focus on biting off what you can reasonably chew! :)

If you're recovering from surgery, give yourself a break. Maybe just focus on getting better eating habits in place. If you don't lose a ton of weight at first, no worries. Maybe focus on eating a good breakfast, avoiding your bad foods and going for a short walk.

The point is getting in a good mental space where you're working in a healthy routine and making it your lifestyle.