what you listen to while working out?

Options
Boxing987
Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
hip hop for me (dmx, jeezy, nas, roy jones jr etc.)

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I listen to Basement Jaxx, OK Go, Icona Pop, All American Rejects, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Pharrell Williams, Beyonce, Woodkid, Muse... and I'm always looking for more :) Anything that makes me feel strong, lol :)
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Trance/EDM for me ... gets me going especially in a spinning class!
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options
    For strength I like macho stuff like Type O Negative, Suicidal Tendencies, Waylon Jennings and Lita Ford. (Ha!) Cardio - anything that makes me shake my *kitten*. I would say Prince, Motorhead, Blackberry Smoke and Iggy Pop are probably the most effective for me.
  • hotpineapple
    hotpineapple Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love anything with strong bass or epic shreds when I work out (I'm a complete metalhead) :tongue: i.e. Disturbed, Pantera, Asking Alexandria, Dragonforce (as much as I hate to admit it, their music is top notch for motivation and energy).

Indie/folk/alternative for me when running along the roads or through the bush - Boy and Bear, British India, Jake Bugg, Bastille, Augustana, Matt Corby, Passenger etc. :flowerforyou:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i really like hip hop. i like it in general, but it's great to run to.
  • nikole21212
    nikole21212 Posts: 50
    Options
    any Jayz song but On to the next is my favorite while working out
  • ladyraven2186
    Options
    I like to listen to a lot of metal but my MP3 player is on shuffle so anything can pop up. When I am on the treadmill I need something with a lot of bass and drum to keep me going.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I listen to stuff that I liked from the “Old Days” LoL, Blackfoot, Rossington Collins band (remember them???), Eric Johnson, Gary Moore, Bob Seger, Gregg Allman and some of this…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpfhcljJ9bQ

Most of you youngsters won't be familiar with anything I listen to!!!
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love anything with strong bass or epic shreds when I work out (I'm a complete metalhead) :tongue: i.e. Disturbed, Pantera, Asking Alexandria, Dragonforce (as much as I hate to admit it, their music is top notch for motivation and energy).

Indie/folk/alternative for me when running along the roads or through the bush - Boy and Bear, British India, Jake Bugg, Bastille, Augustana, Matt Corby, Passenger etc. :flowerforyou:

^^^^
    This
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    When I lift I like to listen to raunchy hip hop. When I run (which I don't get to do much of anymore) I like metal. When I stretch or do yoga I like down tempo electronica.
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I prefer metal, but generally put my iPod on 'shuffle' so it can get crazy. I also share my iTunes with my husband, making it extra random. lol
  • MerigoldMurphy
    MerigoldMurphy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have that app "Songza" and it's great for work out tunes. They have thousands of premade playlists. You can search by genre, decade, mood, specific artists, or activity! The activity one is sweet because there are a million workout playlists - cardio and weight training (for cardio it's ones like cardio hip hop, marathon workout, performance-enhancing pop - running, beer in your waterbottle - alt rock workout, trance workout, thrash metal shred, 90 BPM hiphop running mix, indie rock workout ........ tons!)

also i dont work for songza, im just obsessed with it for at the gym :)
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Boosie, love Jeezy too, TI, plies, WAKA FLOCKA, august alsina, only faster good beats from them, cause they make me feel fancy and hardcore but I'm so not. Lol.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    right now its arch enemy , acid bath , garbage,alanis ,stone temple pilots , bif naked , the distillers , acdc, kmfdm

what ever i am feeling
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Metal. Lots and lots of metal. But my workout playlist isn't that different from my other playlists.
    I've fixated on Lamb of God and Arch Enemy for now as far as workouts are concerned. Last month it was Norther.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

:drinker: :drinker:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    riding my bike I usually listen to Beastie Boys radio on Pandora. I don't listen to anything while I'm lifting.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Spanish reggaton dance, zumba music, rnb.. some pop.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth between my hip hop playlist and a angry rocker chick playlist. Depends on if my husband was nice to me that day. :)
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I listen to stuff that I liked from the “Old Days” LoL, Blackfoot, Rossington Collins band (remember them???), Eric Johnson, Gary Moore, Bob Seger, Gregg Allman and some of this…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpfhcljJ9bQ

Most of you youngsters won't be familiar with anything I listen to!!!

Good music!