what will happen if a person didnt meet the amout of my dail

Options
hi guys, everyday im taking my exact amount of fats and carbs everyday, Just want to know what is the outcome if Im lacking or exceeding of protein intake? Im having a hard time to lose some body fats everyweek, because when I lose fats, Im also losing fat free mass (muscles). thanks :wink:

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Well when I had a bit of a nutritional issue due to being sick this past fall I was NOT getting enough protein. However it was a severe loss of protein. I lost a ton of hair and looked very sick. But like I said, severe loss of protein.

We for sure need it for exercise The body needs to break protein down to amino acids to build muscles. So, no matter how much you work out - if you don't have protein - you will not gain muscle mass.

Here are some of the most common symptoms of a deficiency:

* Edema
    * Weight loss
    * Thinning or brittle hair, hair loss
    * Ridges or deep lines in finger and toe nails
    * Skin becomes very light, burns easily in the sun
    * Reduced pigmentation in the hair on scalp and body
    * Skin rashes, dryness, flakiness
    * General weakness and lethargy
    * Muscle soreness and weakness, cramps
    * Slowness in healing wounds, cuts, scrapes, and bruises
    * Bedsores and other skin ulcers
    * Difficulty sleeping
    * Headache
    * Nausea and stomach pain
    * Fainting

Other Symptoms

Not all of the symptoms of protein deficiency are physical. Some are emotional or mental, and include:

* Crankiness, moodiness
    * Severe depression
    * Anxiety
    * Lack of energy, no desire to do things
  • har114
    har114 Posts: 10
    Options
    :smile:
    Well when I had a bit of a nutritional issue due to being sick this past fall I was NOT getting enough protein. However it was a severe loss of protein. I lost a ton of hair and looked very sick. But like I said, severe loss of protein.

We for sure need it for exercise The body needs to break protein down to amino acids to build muscles. So, no matter how much you work out - if you don't have protein - you will not gain muscle mass.

Here are some of the most common symptoms of a deficiency:

* Edema
    * Weight loss
    * Thinning or brittle hair, hair loss
    * Ridges or deep lines in finger and toe nails
    * Skin becomes very light, burns easily in the sun
    * Reduced pigmentation in the hair on scalp and body
    * Skin rashes, dryness, flakiness
    * General weakness and lethargy
    * Muscle soreness and weakness, cramps
    * Slowness in healing wounds, cuts, scrapes, and bruises
    * Bedsores and other skin ulcers
    * Difficulty sleeping
    * Headache
    * Nausea and stomach pain
    * Fainting

Other Symptoms

Not all of the symptoms of protein deficiency are physical. Some are emotional or mental, and include:

* Crankiness, moodiness
    * Severe depression
    * Anxiety
    * Lack of energy, no desire to do things

Thanks for the info tara maria, it was a big help for me.thats why sometimes Im having a stomach issue and muscle cramps when im running, and also its hard for me to recover after marathons, thanks taramaria, now I know, I should take the exact amount of daily protein intake, thanks a lot and happy dieting godbless