weight gainers

Options
Hi my name is Kaitlyn. I signed up I think a week ago or something like that. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I've had a lot of trouble gaining weight. I have a fabulous metabolism and I rarely feel hungry where I would even eat 2000 calories in one day. I set up my goal weight and it suggested eating 2100 calories in one day. I find that crazy because I have a hard time eating that much food. I have to eat two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners. It's crazy I guess my stomach can't digest a lot of food at one time. But i've managed to make the suggested calorie intake and it actually is working great!! I'm actually gaining one pound a week so i really like this website.

Replies

• jdubs1201
    Options
    Hey Kaitlyn! First, congrats on your baby-to-be!!! Second, welcome to the MFP site!! And third, congrats on the weight-gain working!

I'm on here to gain weight too (but that's cause I'm scrawny and want to bulk up), and it's been hard eating as many calories as I need to as well. I think the "correct" way to do it is to eat multiple times a day (5 or 6 meals), but because of the crazy holiday schedule, I've been eating 2 or 3 meals a day that have a ridiculous amount of calories in them. Like there's this prime rib sub at Quiznos that has almost 1100 calories in it. I'll eat that, plus a few snacks, for a meal and that helps me get to my goal.

Good luck, and congrats again!
  • kaitlyn1818
    Options
    Yeah. I found eating 6 times a day helps too. I mainly eat all my meals at home. I kind of got into a cooking thing when I got pregnant and had to eat more than just ramen. I hardly ever eat ramen now! It's kind of hard being "fat" My joints can't take it and there are just so few people that can relate because everybody I know has never been under 110 so they think i'm crazy and the weight is fine, but my knees and ankles and feet don't say that.