starting diet pills?

Options
I'm thinking about trying a diet pill and am curious what results others have received. I'm nervous to take them because obviously I don't want ti waste my money, but I'm worried that instead of losing weight all around or mainly on my stomach, my boobs will shrink. Ladies? Thoughts?

Replies

• OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    don't ...

Have you tried counting your calories? be honest...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Do NOT waste your money. They are snake oil, and there are no magic pills. There is nothing on the market that you could buy which wouldn't be a waste of cash.

Give this thread a read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Have a wander around the forums and read some success stories, and some of the threads stickied in the Getting Started and General sections.

Repeat: do NOT bother with pills!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money. The only diet pills that work are the kind from the doctor but they come with their risks.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money. The only diet pills that work are the kind from the doctor but they come with their risks.

And no doctor would give those pills to someone who needs to lose 10lbs (not one who deserved to keep their licence, anyway!)
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Please take the advice you have received here. You can do this in a sustainable way. Just stay with us. Do not try any "tricks". If there was magic pill, we would alm know about it and the diet industry would die.

I have been successful here, by eating at a calorie deficit, then at my TDEE.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Diet pills or not we don't get to decide where the fat is lost from.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    We don't get to control where on our bodies we lose the weight. So you lose some breast weight... is it really the end of the world? Your overall body health should be more important than the size of your breast. JMO
  • Diet pills can be extremely dangerous.
    Please don't risk your health and or safety.
    I shake my head during those Hydroxycut commercials and my face looks a lot like this :\

I just came across a consumer update notice while browsing Google regarding this same product line.

www.fda.gov/
  • tiney72
    tiney72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else....do not waste your money....for years I tried this pill and this gadget only to be disappointed time after time...what works is cleaner eating and exercise....keep moving....besides it is so much nicer to be able to say that you lost the weight form putting in some old fashioned hard work then a diet pill....goodluck
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sigh, I wish I only had 10 pounds to lose.

:(

Whatever you decide, good luck.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If someone is already eating at a deficit and losing weight slowly, is there a safe and natural pill that helps weight come off faster? Not a miracle product, just something natural that helps burn more fat, or something? I guess more exercise burns more fat but I mean for someone who is already doing those things and just wants a little boost.
  • sprucey85
    sprucey85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!

Healthy eating and exercise is better, it may be slower but you'll feel better for it and all that hard work will pay off!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    If someone is already eating at a deficit and losing weight slowly, is there a safe and natural pill that helps weight come off faster? Not a miracle product, just something natural that helps burn more fat, or something? I guess more exercise burns more fat but I mean for someone who is already doing those things and just wants a little boost.

No such thing
  • myfaircellist
    Options
    Yes, I am. I'm at 1200 which is so difficult. I find that I can only just stay under/meet it about 50% of the time.
  • myfaircellist
    Options
    Thank you all though. This is what I needed to decide not to buy any.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Glad you decided against it! I was going to say you will lose...your money.
    Calorie deficit and exercise is the way to go!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Do NOT waste your money. They are snake oil, and there are no magic pills. There is nothing on the market that you could buy which wouldn't be a waste of cash.

Give this thread a read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Have a wander around the forums and read some success stories, and some of the threads stickied in the Getting Started and General sections.

Repeat: do NOT bother with pills!!

+1
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    waste