UK People - Tesco Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad

Options
I was wondering how many people use this as thier go to meal when they want something to eat that is tasty and quite low in calories? Its about 185, and always a good choice, does anyone use this gem?

Replies

• XLau84X
    XLau84X Posts: 10
    Options
    Do you mean the fresh one? With the little pot of sauce?
    If so I love it x so yummy x
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Have never seen it before but will have a look out for it - thanks for the tip.

I do make a regular dinner of chili chicken noodle with lots of spinach and pak choi with leftover roast chicken and I love that.
  • uchube
    uchube Posts: 44
    Options
    i am obsessed with their sweet chilli chicken wraps!
  • smellyden
    smellyden Posts: 10
    Options
    Yeah that is the one, for 185 Calories its a no brainer! Saved me loads of times, and if you dont mind a bit of heat its real tasty too!
  • smellyden
    Options
    Do you mean the fresh one? With the little pot of sauce?
    If so I love it x so yummy x

Yeah that is the one, for 185 Calories its a no brainer! Saved me loads of times, and if you dont mind a bit of heat its real tasty too!
  • chazza55
    chazza55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I go for the seared Thai chicken noodle salad @ 257 calories EVERY lunchtime .......love it!
  • smellyden
    Options
    I go for the seared Thai chicken noodle salad @ 257 calories EVERY lunchtime .......love it!

Where is that from?
  • chazza55
    Options
  • chazza55
    Options
    Nice balance between calories and protein I find...
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Saw this post a while ago but could never find it in the Tesco near my work. Randomly found it today which is lucky as I've sickened myself on pitta with veg and humous.

Lovely lovely stuff, will be adding it to my lunchtime list.
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My favourite Tesco snack when I'm on the move, and I am too disorganised to sort things out for myself in the morning, is their little cottage cheese pot, with crackers and sweet chilli sauce.

200 grams, 260 calories, 34 g carbs (20 sugar), 18 g protein, 5 g fat. It's an indulgence that I am able to fit into my macros on most days. It's on 2 for £2.50 at the moment.
  • glc1990
    glc1990 Posts: 22
    Options
    Not tried the chilli chicken noodle salad before but FYI - Innocent veg and noodle pots are on half price in Tesco at the moment, £1.95 :) just had the Malaysian noodle thing for lunch at 277 cals (I think). Was really nice and filling - saved me as I forgot to bring in lunch today! Going to buy a few after work and freeze them for future use.
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I used to have this often if I was in a rush, but annoyingly my local Tesco has stopped selling it?! (if it's the one I think you mean with the black turtle beans & mixed peppers in?!).

M&S do a similar one but a little higher in calories & price - SOOOO good though!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Not tried the chilli chicken noodle salad before but FYI - Innocent veg and noodle pots are on half price in Tesco at the moment, £1.95 :) just had the Malaysian noodle thing for lunch at 277 cals (I think). Was really nice and filling - saved me as I forgot to bring in lunch today! Going to buy a few after work and freeze them for future use.

Sounds good! What section are they found in? Are they fresh in the fridge?
  • November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I tend to check out the high-protein 'fuller longer' meals in M&S. Around 350 cals ish, some around 400, but 32-38g protein per dish. It's nice to have something simple to log.
  • glc1990
    glc1990 Posts: 22
    Options

Sounds good! What section are they found in? Are they fresh in the fridge?

Yeah they are in the fridge section - I tend to freeze mine when they're on offer though as they don't last long in the fridge, the eat-by date is normally only a few days after you buy them! They say don't freeze but it's fine as they're only vegetables/sauce - just make sure you defrost in the fridge overnight and then heat reeeeally well :)
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I tend to check out the high-protein 'fuller longer' meals in M&S. Around 350 cals ish, some around 400, but 32-38g protein per dish. It's nice to have something simple to log.

I like fuller for longer too - always tasty - and seems to be nicely balanced :)