Hiya everybody!!

Options
Hi folks,

Just wanted to say a quick hello to you all. Been overweight pretty much since being a teenager, now 40 with 2 kids and my girlfriend.

Was sitting at 16 1/2 stone last year - now at 13 1/2 stone after putting on 7lbs over last 6-8 weeks. Found the app on my mobile - great help that is for (seriously like it). Now I need to do something to get myself to where I should be. Still got about 20lbs till my BMI is in healthy zone (that will be a 1st!!).

I'm quite easy going, chatty and supportive.

Look forward to working along side you all as aim to our respective targets and goals.

take care,
Mark

Replies

• kidtechnical
    Options
    Welcome :-) I take it by the "stones" you are a UK person too?
  • Jaypea15
    Jaypea15 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mark. Yes this site is amazing, so many likeminded people here, helping you nomatter what time of the day of night, and from so many different countries. I see this as a facebook kind of site for likeminded people and its really enjoyable. Good luck with your journey too. We can all make it with a bit of willpower and each other.
    J
  • muchojaleo
    muchojaleo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Feel free to add me as friend if you want... I have been here a few days and plan to take this seriously so I think a shared effort will help!

Stones.... not sure how heavy is that.... oh those royal-measures.... he he.

Cheers!
  • cinrod312
    Options
    Welcome!! It's really neat to have you. By the way, I always wanted to know the equivalent of a pound to a stone. What would that be?
  • simonburgess
    Options
    Welcome to a fellow bloke trying to battle the bulge, best of luck, and the app is great made me realise how much i was over eating :-)
  • simonburgess
    Options
    Oh and there 14 pounds to a stone and 2.2 kilograms to a pound, for all you number crunchers out there :-)
  • markysan
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Thats a good mix of male and females on here too. Which I think is better - as we're all in this together, irrelevant of everything else we are, with a common goal :-)

Sorry about the Stones bit - thats just me - I find it easier to lose a 1lb than 1 kilo lol!! I'll try and record both in future.

Have weird cravings again - need more water I think. Well thats what they tell you to do first, isnt it?

Look forward to interacting with you all at one time or another.

Heres to looking forward!
    Mark
  • sweetsunnysusie
    sweetsunnysusie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you here!

:smile: :smile: :smile: