Vibration Plate

Options
Anyone give me any advice on these? My girlfriends just got one and I thought I may aswell give it a bash - but I guess just standing on it holding the handle bars isn't doing much good?

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I don't think it does much good. Actually, it even caused some harm for me last year, by exasperating and injury that I had.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you would be correct. if simply holding vibrating handlebars made you slimmer every member of a motorcycle club would be ripped
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    WOW I thought we were talking about something completely different...

No, they don't work lol. Calorie deficit works :flowerforyou:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to take it back? The manufacturers make outlandish claims about the benefits that these machines offer.......

These machines have been used by physiotherapists and can offer some real benefits in the context of rehabbing injuries but as a replacement for exercise they're 21st century snake oil.
  • RoboProd
    RoboProd Posts: 6
    Options
    Cheers, I won't waste my time then! I've been doing it the old fashioned way with calory reduction and cardio in gym (running / bike) but was hoping I could factor this in.

Wasn't planning on doing weights until I cut for a good while but would there be any benefit to doing free weights on it?
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi

I use them at the gym to help stretch after a workout and some toning eg I do planks on the plate. I don't think they actually shift weight. Check out this article I found on the web.

http://www.vibrationplateguide.co.uk/benefitsofvibrationplates.html

Best of luck!
  • keenanmw
    keenanmw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you use them correctly with training, they "work" (must define to determine application/use). Buy it from the snake oil salesman and you'll probably do more damage than good. There is no magic to working the body, it requires effort. But yes, these can be smart, efficient tools. ivivalife.com