morning hunger

Options
yopeeps025
yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
Does anyone feel so hungry when they wake up in the morning?

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I usually have some kind of snack right before bed. I do get hungry by 11am (an hour before I clock out for lunch) no matter how much I eat for breakfast. My stomach will always be growling and feel empty by 11am.
  • Lorichr
    Lorichr Posts: 54
    Options
    Yup. I try to be done eating right after dinner; which I typically have on the table by 6. So by the time i get up at 5;30 I haven't had anything to eat for nearly 12 hours. I work out then eat breakfast about 6:15-6:30.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    12 hour fast I cannot do that.
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's when I'm the hungriest :) I eat about 12 oz of chicken and 2 cups of rice :)

why whats wrong with morning hunger??
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I didn't used to but I do now. I've trained myself to eat breakfast so my tummy has got used to it.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Someone tried to say I was become a diabetic by my morning hunger symptoms. I believe and found articles that frequent eating boost metabolism. Being hunger in the morning shows a decent high metabolism.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm usually hungry within one hour. Some days I just wake up starving. Typically I don't eat anything after 6pm or earlier, so yeah, after 12-13 hours, I need food.

A lot of the 'you don't need breakfast' crowd typically eat past 8pm or something... so yeah, less hungry in the morning.
  • mncdk
    mncdk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Insulin sensitivity is usually strongest in the morning, and one result of an insulin response is often hunger, which is why lots of people experience hunger pretty early after a big breakfast.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us end up killing / ignoring morning hunger with an abundance of coffee in the morning.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    caffeine is good for boost metabolism.
  • localised
    localised Posts: 25
    Options
    unless i overate the day before, i also tend to be super hungry upon waking..