how can I eat 1200 calories a day

Options
Hey guys I am currently on a diet but I'm having a hard time Reaching my 1200 calorie goal daily so what foods should I eat in order to reach my 1200 calorie goal. Can some body give me some examples please thank you

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    nuts are high in calories and are a great source of fat and protein, but you just have to find what you enjoy, theyre are alot of calorie dense foods out there.

if you are having a really difficult time try just drinking some chocolate or regular milk. they both have a pretty good mix of protein fats and carbs along with a good vitamin and mineral profile
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Try to work in some more calorie-dense foods such as sweet potato, rice, nuts, and I like greek yogurt as a treat.

Allan
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    How many calories off are you usually? Are we working with 10 extra calories, or 300?
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I used to have issues with this too.... but I figured out it's because I used to just eat once a day, really. I was eating crappy food and eating too many calories so I got fat, but trying to eat 1200 calories worth of foods that aren't junk all at once wasn't working either. I really did just have to learn how to eat more often.

I still suck at it and end up under 1200 too often, but it's better.

Dunno if that applies to your situation or not, but consider how *often* you're eating as a possible solution.
  • wenied
    wenied Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't understand posts like this. I just had a 8 ounce rib eye, link of sausage and some corn. Probably about 900 calories in one meal. Not hard to hit 1200. A footlong from subway can too 1200 if desired. Lol

Btw I just started using mfp a month ago, but I do know what I'm doing. I dropped 45 pounds exercising and counting manually.
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, nuts, sweet potatoes .. these are all high calorie foods that are healthy for you. Are you using 'diet' items like low fat/no fat dressings .. if so then get the normal version of these items.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Just like a couple posts ago, I also used to only eat dinner (and way too much of it ) and yes, I also got fat from doing that.
    Now my normal breakdown is,
    Breakfast 100-250 calories
    Lunch 150-350
    Dinner 450-650
    And a couple glasses of wine.
    Not only is it working to lose weight, I feel 100% better too.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I don't understand posts like this. I just had a 8 ounce rib eye, link of sausage and some corn. Probably about 900 calories in one meal. Not hard to hit 1200. A footlong from subway can too 1200 if desired. Lol

Btw I just started using mfp a month ago, but I do know what I'm doing. I dropped 45 pounds exercising and counting manually.

I don't understand the point you are making. I ate a lot of food today....all natural & healthy and made it to just 1 127 calories with macros being ok. I eat 1200, which for my height ( under five feet ) and age are appropriate.
    I would not eat what you eat, except the sausage and the corn....a personal choice that has nothing to do with anything. Just because you eat what you eat does not mean others have to eat similarly. I eat a diet that does not include fat free, low cal or " lite " foods and usually is based on natural food items that are not industrially and chemically processed. I also know what I am doing and get quite some bang for each calories I eat.

Home Brewed Coffee - Black Coffee No Sugar or Sweetener, 12 oz

Generic - Poached Egg Medium, 2 egg 132

Home Brewed Coffee - Black Coffee No Sugar or Sweetener, 12 oz

Homemade - Patatas Bravas, 1.5 cups 169 ( potatoes in spicy tomato sauce )

Dinner Salad - Mixed Greens, Cucumber, Red Onion, Cherry Tomatoes, 3 Cups 188
    Capatriti - Balsamic Vinegar, 1.5 Tbsp 15

Homemade - Broad Bean and Mint Salad, 1 cup 116

Egg - Medium Hard Boiled Egg, 2 medium egg 126

Vegetarian Times Recipe - Fideuá, 1.5 cup serving 133 ( paella made with fideos and vegetables )

Small Orange - Small Orange, 2 small 90

Tetley - Earl Grey Tea, 3 cup 0

Home-made - Yogurt (Whole Milk), 1 cup 150