Feeling Lazy...somebody motivate me

Options
ilfaith
ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
I am feeling lazy this afternoon. Somebody tell me why I should get off my butt and exercise instead of lounging on my couch with my laptop.

Replies

• leericle
    leericle Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is all backwards --- you already motivate ME.
  • amysgottadothisthang
    amysgottadothisthang Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and lay on the couch and eat a donut!!!! Your ribs are poking out lovie!!!!!!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and lay on the couch and eat a donut!!!! Your ribs are poking out lovie!!!!!!
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Remember that you have never regretted working out once you're done with it. Will you regret laying around tonight? I would.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Simple - Look at google images "Fitspo." Gets me every time.
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Get up and do a few sets of your favorite exercise (I really like squats and pushups for some reason). Doing a couple sets of them might get you motivated to go do something more.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options

Wow. Check your own self-esteem before you bash someone else's body. Thanks!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Okay. Did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine while watching Jeopardy. I'll do a few crunches, lift a few dumbbells and call it a day.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Remember that you have never regretted working out once you're done with it. Will you regret laying around tonight? I would.

I agree with this.

Well Edited to add, wonderfully done! ^_^
  • amysgottadothisthang
    amysgottadothisthang Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was totally NOT bashing her! Quite the opposite actually!:flowerforyou:

She looks amazing and deserves a day off if/when she needs it! A body requires rest! :smile:

As for my self esteem ......its non existent! I checked it! :ohwell:
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options

Wow. Check your own self-esteem before you bash someone else's body. Thanks!

I didn't see what they said as bashing. It was complimentary.
    Dont jump to defense right away before getting the full story! :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I was totally NOT bashing her! Quite the opposite actually!:flowerforyou:

She looks amazing and deserves a day off if/when she needs it! A body requires rest! :smile:

As for my self esteem ......its non existent! I checked it! :ohwell:

What you wrote comes off equivocally - you could have told her she looks amazing without writing as if she needed "a donut" because it seems to you her "ribs are point out". Think about how that can easily be seen as poorly communicated.

I hope you find your self esteem, it's needed to succeed as much as a calorie counter. How can we motivate ourselves if we are crushed?