How does this make sense?

Options
My net calories is 1560. I did that calculation (i forget what it's called) regarding how many calories my body burns while just relaxing.. It works out to 1210.. My net calories is a calculation based on ZERO exercise (even though I exercise 6x week). So, can someone please explain how this kind of thing makes sense when trying to lose weight?
Thanks!

Replies

• Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I think you are referring to your BMR being 1210
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is what you would need if you were in coma - not digesting food or getting dressed or brushing your teeth. The net calculations takes ordinary daily tasks into account and subtracts the necessary calories for you to reach the goal you entered when you set it up. It's all a little overwhelming at first but the system really does work so don't worry too much. But be wary of eating back all of your exercise calories, most people here will tell you mfp overestimates and eating about half most days works best.

Good luck!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is what you would need if you were in coma - not digesting food or getting dressed or brushing your teeth. The net calculations takes ordinary daily tasks into account and subtracts the necessary calories for you to reach the goal you entered when you set it up. It's all a little overwhelming at first but the system really does work so don't worry too much. But be wary of eating back all of your exercise calories, most people here will tell you mfp overestimates and eating about half most days works best.

Good luck!

Yeppers!
  • Harrison423
    Harrison423 Posts: 32
    Options
    thank you!
  • Harrison423
    Harrison423 Posts: 32
    Options
    Also, when I spin for 30-35 mins a day, I usually burn around 500 calories. Is that normal? I spin on HIGH RESISTANCE and foliow a training video. I finish my session looking as if I just showered.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you are a 20 year old man it seems quite unlikely your BMR is that low. You might want to double check on one of the TDEE calculators.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I have seen some of the other threads you've posted and I'm just gonna leave this right here.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support?gclid=CJO1wPPLpL0CFRQS7Aodx0UA8w