Please help, I need a diet check

Options
2»

Replies

• mythyn
    mythyn Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Glenn,
    I don't think I am eating 255 g of carb, but for some reason it looks like it's showing as my goal...
    Thank you for the advice, I've already reduced sugar a lot from before... I will keep going. First will need to reduce it in my teas...

Angylisis78 - thank you, and congratulations your progress is amazing !!

I guess I wouldn't have posted if I wasn't worried about my current plan's viability. I will keep working on it.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Hi Janeir36
    In fact you are right, except... I have no idea most times how to log what eat there. Breakfast is ok, hotel buffets are easy enough. But lunch and diner I often have no clue. I can input a few things like if there is pasta or the type of meat or other things but it's obvious it's not accurate at all. I do try to log snacks or drinks.

When I exercise a lot, should I keep the same food routine but add protein for muscles regeneration?

When we exercise we get to eat more of everything to achieve the "net" goal described by another poster. It does not have to be limited to protein

Please do not drop down to 20g unless you have researched and would like to participate in an ultra low carb diet. It is not necessary. You may find that protein fats and fiber may be more satisfying to you, though. But then again, I wasn't getting steady results until I started packing POTATOES and beans for lunch everyday. Just play with it until you find the combination of foods that satisfies you but fits within your calorie goals

Fair enough on the logging but not knowing what has been cooked. What I've learned is that the more I log foods I know, the better I can guesstimate foods I didn't cook. You could ask a quick "what's in it" question and then like you said log the chicken, pasta, etc. I even will sometimes just search for the entire meal and use a liberal amount of servings like 1.5 or 2. Yes totally inaccurate, but a) better than nothing, and b) the more I log, again, the better my estimates are. Another option is to MFPal friend people from the region and maybe you could gain some insight that way
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options

255g of carbohydrates a day!? There's your problem. Unless you are an Olympic athlete at 10% body fat you shouldn't eat that many carbs a week! Drop you carbs to 20g, up your fat (saturated and mono only) to about 65% and protein to 25%.

Um no. Do not drop your carbs to 20g. You will go insane, especially if you have a sweet tooth. CARBS ARE OKAY. They will not make you fat.
  • mythyn
    mythyn Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello,
    A few years back I did the no carbs experiment. No carbs at all. At the advice of a so call dietician. 3 months. I was feeling horrid, and though I lost 15 kg in that time through diet alone I learned that no carbs or very little is just not the right way for me as I was ill after that. I think for carbs I feel ok as is, with none in the evening and limited amount at lunch.

Thank you
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

255g of carbohydrates a day!? There's your problem. Unless you are an Olympic athlete at 10% body fat you shouldn't eat that many carbs a week! Drop you carbs to 20g, up your fat (saturated and mono only) to about 65% and protein to 25%.

Um no. Do not drop your carbs to 20g. You will go insane, especially if you have a sweet tooth. CARBS ARE OKAY. They will not make you fat.

Agreed...20g of carbs i would smack someone if I had to do that and I am not a big carb eater...

Carbs don't make you fat...calorie surplus does.

As well yes get the phone app makes logging while away from a computer easy.
  • GlennTipton
    GlennTipton Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello,
    A few years back I did the no carbs experiment. No carbs at all. At the advice of a so call dietician. 3 months. I was feeling horrid, and though I lost 15 kg in that time through diet alone I learned that no carbs or very little is just not the right way for me as I was ill after that. I think for carbs I feel ok as is, with none in the evening and limited amount at lunch.

Thank you
    Dietitians are very highly qualified people. They understand macro's more than anyone here telling you otherwise. You say it wasn't for you... but you lost 15kg! What about that didn't work? I would never suggest NO carb. What about vegetables, fruit and berries? 20g a day is plenty of carbs if you are eating clean. Do that for 2 weeks then push your carbs up each week until you feel happy. If you need a sugar fix you should make it an event. Prepare for it and make it your entire focus to relieve the craving then get straight back to low carb again. After a while your sugar fix wont be a sugar fix, it will be a mental craving you need to overcome.

You should be here to learn to manage your relationship with food, not set yourself to a goal then fall into the old routine again.