6 months in and 65# down with PICS!

Options
BekaBooluvsu
BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
So here's my story.

I have been heavy since I was 5 when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and put on 5# over Christmas break. I spent years in and out of the hospital trying to get my thyroid levels regulated so I would grow properly. When I was 10 and weighed 100# my eldest brother committed suicide and the stress of it all landed me in the hospital 10 days later for emergency surgery. Because of this, I was wheelchair bound for 3 months. By the time I reached my 12th birthday I was 250# which surpassed my mother's weight. By 16, I was in the 300's and have been there ever since. In 2007 I was in a horrible car accident that took away my ability to take care of myself or do anything physical. Slowly I have regained my strength and learned to take care of myself again. Its been a long road.

This past year I was severely depressed, my marriage was failing and I was eating my way into an early grave. I decided I needed to change or I would probably die from all my weight related illnesses in addition to all my physical disabilities. I have lost 65# so far and its all been done with healthy eating and exercise, while slowly increasing my daily activities. I still have quite a bit left to lose but I am hoping that my story can inspire at least 1 person to push through regardless of the trials of life.

No matter what your going through you can do it, just don't give up. If you fall, get up and go at it again.
Today, the first time in almost 18 years, I weigh less than my Mom. It's a good day!
Big hugs to all, Rebekah:flowerforyou:

Before 360.2
0c3c1f42-3ea6-4dbd-8498-aea2335865ef_zpsd735ca04.jpg

292323_2948609094765_467675243_n_zpsd80961e4.jpg

During 295
Picture019_zps50155c5c.jpg

Picture023_zps2eef57c7.jpg

Replies

• kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Right on!!! FANTASTIC progress!
  • Youngcris
    Youngcris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amazing keep up the good work!
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome, and looking great! Keep it up!
  • bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Omy gosh great work and faith, attitude and inspiration! You are a beautiful young woman as well, and the joy in your recent pics is testimony to health & self love, care & discipline...Im sorry for the loss of your brother so early on in life and for the other struggles with health. But sister you have overcome so many challenges and are blessed indeed! Thank you for sharing your courageous journey & Much continued success, encouragement, health and Joy! Lisa ...you are doing AWESOME one day at a time :) flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BekaBooluvsu
    Options
    Thank you all so much! You have no idea how much I appreciate it! :heart:
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Great progress and LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress!
  • JLEE911
    JLEE911 Posts: 8
    Options
    Your story is an inspiration God Bless you keep up the good work :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I really must kidnap some folks on here to help me learn to clothes shop! Great progress! That is one cute dress!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    Options
    I really must kidnap some folks on here to help me learn to clothes shop! Great progress! That is one cute dress!

Thrift stores, Ross and the sale rack at any store. Favorite big girl clothing store is Lane Bryant but their prices are a bit high.
  • Jenny8511
    Jenny8511 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You look so happy!!
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    Ahhh you look amazing and so much... brighter! Your face is glowing and your body is curvalicious!
  • MrsGilligan12
    MrsGilligan12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's really fantastic! You are absolutely gorgeous!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look awesome and are definitely heading in the right direction. Keep pressing forward. What a beautiful testimony on seeing the light behind such dark times. You are a strong woman.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Good work! You are doing so amazing!! :flowerforyou:
  • shelbyentendu
    shelbyentendu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm probably crazy but I just cried for you!!
    Congrats!! SO SO proud of you.
    I'm 6 months in 35lbs down!
    Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I must admit you are getting there.... but the journey is just beginning think what you will look like in another 6 months....^^
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Please continue and thanks for sharing.
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Rebekah, your story is amazing. You have overcome so many things in your young life, and you are continuing to do so. You have made fantastic progress on your weight loss journey. Keep up the good work and never give up. I hope everything works out for your marriage, as I know first hand how hard and painful it is for a marriage to break up. But if it doesn't work out, don't give up on yourself. Just keep going and striving to make yourself healthy. You're worth it! Thanks so much for sharing your inspirational story and pics. You look amazing!
  • Vgolding1
    Vgolding1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far. You look amazing, keep the faith and keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good on you! :) I remember the day I overtook my mum's weight, and I was quite young, too. I also remember that mum didn't know how to handle it. It makes me wonder how different things could have been...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!