Herbalife Success Stories

Options
Hi Everyone

I was hoping to get a few posts from people who have had long term success stories with Herbalife. I am just starting after hearing about it from a few people at the office. Anyone out there who can give some tips and tricks?

Replies

• kjimale
    kjimale Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi I started Herbalife last week and I've lost 5lbs so far with minimal exercise. I like the shakes a lot. I have them for breakfast and dinner and I add strawberry, half banana and light almond milk. I feel full all day and I really like it. I'm so happy with the what I've lost so far. I'm thinking its water weight but hopefully I can lose more weight. :smile:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Or, you could, you know.... amaze everyone at the office by losing weight for free and just you know, count calories
  • RiniSixxx
    RiniSixxx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Or, you could, you know.... amaze everyone at the office by losing weight for free and just you know, count calories

To each there own. This could fit their lifestyle better or be more enjoyable. If it works for them then that's awesome.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

That's what I do. It's the push-the-plate-away-and-exercise-more-often approach.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Heard nothing good about it. Fake ****!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

To each there own. This could fit their lifestyle better or be more enjoyable. If it works for them then that's awesome.

Right, if they enjoy wasting money. Then, more power to them.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I could not recommended Herba Life. I know about 3 people who have tried it. All of them lost significant amounts of weight. Apparently the pills they feed you are crazy expensive...so most people can not keep up on the pills for the rest of their life.

All 3 people are now bigger then what they were before starting Herba Life.

ETA - SORRY! Just realized you asked for tips/tricks. Tip and Trick: DONT DO IT. Eat Less, Move More!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've seen lots and lots of people start Herbalife, but I haven't seen anyone stick with it and be successful long term.

If you want sustainable results that will last a lifetime, you have to find a way of eating and exercising that you are comfortable maintaining indefinitely. :smile:
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

Completely agree. Save your money for groceries and a decent food scale. :happy:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    If they have do much disposable money to waste on that stuff...I will be happy to take it off their hands. (The money, not the stuff)
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You don't need any diet foods, diet products, diet shakes, or diet pills to lose weight. If they work, it's at a significant monetary cost plus it reinforces that you need them as a crutch to lose and maintain over the long run. This is exactly what the people selling these products depend on for long term profits. There's a high probability that most threads you read about HerbalLife or any other product were covertly started by someone who sells the product or has some financial gain associated with it.

Eat real food, get more active, stay hydrated, and get enough rest while keeping a calorie deficit and you'll get the results you want as quickly as you would with the help of whatever snake oil you fall for.
  • KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Herbalife, ViSilus, Slimfast, Hi5 and so many others could be a gateway to get someone motivated about getting healthy but there are so many snobs here that often scare people away.

- Good luck on your health journey OP.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hughes died after a 4-day drinking binge, apparently from an overdose of alcohol and the antidepressant drug doxepin.
    His blood alcohol level was 0.21% (more than double the "drunk driving" level).
    He was being treated by a psychiatrist for a drinking problem.
    Hughes said many times that he had been inspired to start his company after his mother (Jo Ann Hartman) died from taking diet pills. However, Hartman's autopsy found that she died of an overdose of Darvon, a narcotic painkiller. At the time of her death she was 5-foot-6-inches tall but weighed only 105 pounds.

Here's my opinion of herbalife. The founder Huges and his mother were drug addicted,lying, scamming losers.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I will RE POST this EVERY time I see an herbalife thread.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Reassess why you want to do this. Is it just to lose weight? Because if it's not going to be something you COMMIT to do the rest of your life, then chances are weight regain will happen. And that's what most diet programs want...................a little success, then come back again when you need them.
    It's also costly. Better to divert that money into eating better now (since that's what every MLM or diet program will tell you to do anyway) and get a head start without spending money on overpriced supplemental products.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Nope...never heard of anyone that was able to keep the weight off after stopping herbalife, or any other quick fix type of plan.

Any plan that puts you at a deficit will work. But doesn't teach the tools needed for long term success.

So most end up where they started after stopping the quick fix plans.

Why not just eat the foods that you like, but in moderation. Weigh and measure and log all your foods, make sure your at a deficit and you won't need to pay herbalife :-) you'll learn how to create a sustainable plan that will lead to a lifestyle change.
  • parrotparty192
    Options
    Yes my niece has lost a stone in a month and sister in law 6 lbs in 2 weeks. So I'm trying it. And be quiet people who have no time for vlcd's. They have their place in our obesogenic society. I did my uni dissertation on them. Healthy eating, eat less move more, is great but sometimes we need a very disciplined routine to ensure weight loss or to help people maintain. I lost 5 stone 25 years ago and 4 of those never came back but trying to keep down to my goal is hard. Mines drifted back from 9.9 to 10.9 and having tried healthy eating, going solo and with Slimming World, I'm not having success. Hence the Herbalife. So good luck to all of you trying it too.
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options
    Herbalife success rate :: 0

Myfitnesspal and calorie restriction success rate ::
    1000 000+++
  • ChristineCain
    ChristineCain Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with those before me who have said about the cost, the gimmick, etc. You didn't get heavy overnight (sorry to be blunt, but sometimes the truth hurts). There is no miracle pill, shake, or potion that will make the weight fall off fast. We have all put ourselves in the positions to become heavy, its my responsibility to take my self out of that spot. I know that I can push the plate away and make healthier decisions.

*kitten* and the money I can save.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yes my niece has lost a stone in a month and sister in law 6 lbs in 2 weeks. So I'm trying it. And be quiet people who have no time for vlcd's. They have their place in our obesogenic society. I did my uni dissertation on them. Healthy eating, eat less move more, is great but sometimes we need a very disciplined routine to ensure weight loss or to help people maintain. I lost 5 stone 25 years ago and 4 of those never came back but trying to keep down to my goal is hard. Mines drifted back from 9.9 to 10.9 and having tried healthy eating, going solo and with Slimming World, I'm not having success. Hence the Herbalife. So good luck to all of you trying it too.

You expect to be taken seriously when this is your first ever post and you have not filled a thing out on your profile?

Go away troll.