Hanging there

Options
So this weekend I went shopping to spend a few gift cards. My wonderful hubby kept the kids at home to give me a little "me" time. I bought a pair of pants from Belk - my size and it said "classic fit" so I bought them without trying them on. Got home and tried them on and oh my gosh...they are tight. I hung them back up and was about to put them back in the bag to return for a larger size when I had a great thought....I hung them in my closet in the front so everytime I open my closet door those pants are staring at me and making me more motivated to lose the weight I need to lose. I am hoping in a month or two I will be able to put those pants on and feel great in them!

Replies

• JenabeeRose
    JenabeeRose Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What a good motivation! I have a skirt and a shirt in my closet that I just can't make myself get rid of, now i know I'll be able to wear them someday soon!!
  • Kendra7107
    Options
    That's a great idea! It's a way to motivate you each day. That visual is hard to miss. It won't be too long before you are sliding right into those jeans. :-)

The real turning point for me was my last trip abroad. When I got home and saw the photos and video of me "huffing and puffing" around Italy, I couldn't believe I was actually "that fat". Now I have photos of myself from that trip on my fridge and microwave as well as my computer at work to remind myself daily that I no longer want to be that large. :-)

Whatever it takes, that's my motto!! :-)
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    My whole closet is my motivation and it's a good one since I can't afford to buy more clothes right now hahah!! Keep up the awesome work and I'm sure you'll fit into the jeans in no time! You got this hehe!!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    That's great:drinker:
    I hope you have success and
    motivation to keep you going.
    Good Luck!
  • Tonix3
    Tonix3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had some jeans passed down to me that I can get intooo...but I sure don't want anyone to see me in them. Denim encased sausage. So they're my goal pants. They hang on my closet door. :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    They'll fit in now time and then you'll need new ones again.

BTW nice job out of your loving man! I love the me time.
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a white snow jacket in my closet that I would like to put without looking like the Michelin Man or breaking the zipper:bigsmile:

Karen
  • erh2278
    erh2278 Posts: 19
    Options
    That is great! I do the same thing but with my old 'smaller' jeans, I try not to shop too often since I hate admitting that I am the size I am now :grumble:

I see that you are in the bham area - I am too! If you ever need some support feel free to hit me up.

Best of luck - Emily