Recommend your sports bra for F++

Options
Chelz2013
Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
I've gone down one size in the band and up one size for the cup with my weight loss so far, so I need a 36G now. What all do you recommend?

I need a very good, very supportive sports bra for my Zumba classes! Which one(s) give great support and where did you buy yours (store/online). Thanks!

Replies

• lulu824515
    lulu824515 Posts: 3
    Options
    Someday I shall open a store that sells sports bras larger than a DD. I have so much frustration with this. Apparently girls with bigger racks don't like to work out....ever.

I've done Zumba-type classes before and have a couple suggestions for you:

First, www.bravissimo.com. They ship from England, but they've got sports bras and you can get them in about a week. And their return policy is fairly lenient around the fit of the bra; if you wear it and it just doesn't work, return it within a couple months, even without tags, no questions asked. I've had great success with the Freya Active (has underwire) and I've also used the Shock Absorber (no underwire, but layer it over an underwire bra and those puppies aren't going anywhere). :-)

Also check out the bra department at Nordstrom if you'd like to get one quickly. They carry a really ugly (white, looks like the fifties) one that works okay in Zumba classes. The brand is Elomi Energise, and it goes up to a J cup.

Hope this helps! And congrats on your 18 pounds!
  • thursdaystgiles
    thursdaystgiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm actually looking myself. I'm a 34K and I wear a regular bra with two compression bras on top. I've been looking into getting a better one, and just today I stumbled upon a link to the best sports bras by cup size. For E cup and larger they said this is the winner: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/freya-active-underwire-bra-e-cup-up/3394061?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=251&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_B

Worth checking out. I think I'll be ordering one when the budget allows.

Edit: I read the person's above, and while that place is awesome, their sizing leaves a *lot* to be desired. I visited a store while in England, and they don't measure you or anything. They just eyeball you and then bring back a bunch of different bras in different sizes and styles. The problem is that each brand they carry can vary dramatically, and some that work for one person might be painful on another (several styles the underwire dug into my armpit even when just standing still, let alone by being active. In fact, not a single of their sports bras fit me, in over 2+ hours of trying on various styles). Also, while they are forgiving about returns, you do have to pay return shipping on top of the shipping you already paid, so it is bit of a kick to the wallet.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I just buy the traditional Nike sports bra, but I put a normal under wire bra under it. And it works fine for me
  • sharmilav2
    sharmilav2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ennel
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup, double bagging! I just went for a run (38F) and I need a normal bra under a sports bra...
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am a 36G as well :-)

I love this bra by Panache because you have the option of setting the back straps up as racerback or traditional tank style to work under any type of work out top: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EJD1W1A/ref=twister_B005X5FG2O

^^Great motion control and provides great shaping without "uni-boobing" effect.^^
  • vegwrangler
    Options
    Oh ya... I love these tops for high-impact sports. The sistaz don't move when I pair this with my Panache bra I just submitted.... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AZHRDA/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The shock absorber bras are really good! I have also used moving comfort and glamorise bra's with good luck. Too be honest, I usually have to double up as I do plyo and lot's of high impact jumping exercises.
  • lulu824515
    lulu824515 Posts: 3
    Options
    That Freya one she recommended is totally the one I have! It is awesome. It makes me sad it does not come in my size in the US. I do totally agree that the sizing seems kind of random. I've had to order all my bras online for years now, and have come to realize which brands to stay away from.
  • vegwrangler
    Options
    If you really don't want them to move... like ever... there is always the power-uniboob creator extreme: THE ENELL!!!! (applause) http://www.enell.com/
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, I've tried the bra + 2 cheapy sports bras from Walmart + another work out top and I still feel like I bounce around too much. (It doesn't help that the bra doesn't fit well and the XL sports bras don't fully cover the girls.)

I did find this link:
    http://www.fitsugar.com/How-Pick-Right-Sports-Bra-18360709

Links to Freya, Anita, Natori, Goddess and Panache

The last good (normal) bra I bought was at Nordstroms. $50 for Wacoal.

Finding a good, supportive bathing suit is next on my list. I think my boobs will be the last thing to shrink. LOL
    Thanks everyone!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    All hail the Uniboob! Seconding (or thirding?) the Enell. I need to get a new one, the next size down. :blushing:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ennel

These are VERY supportive. No bounce on a rebounder.............
  • shayla0302
    shayla0302 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue with bras. I know Lane Bryant sell sports bras but they are a bit pricey.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber, goes up to H cup, no need to double bra:)