Today is the first day...

Options
....of the rest of my life! I don't know about y'all, but I'm tired of feeling sluggish and unattractive all the time! I'm a 37 year old mother of two, and I'm taking back control of my life. I eat when I'm happy... sad... mad... bored.... you name it, I LOVE TO EAT. I'm going to need lots of support, so I hope some of you will friend me and go this journey with me!

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is excellent at getting you on track and getting you in control of what you eat because now you'll know what you're doing. Good luck to you!!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    I know how you feel I felt the same way.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Don't sing it Bring it!!!

I started 6 weeks ago. It's a slow process but results can be seen instantly almost. 6 weeks and my sealf being is much improved
    Just like anything else if you want to do it you will do it.

GL to you
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Keep going guys you can do it!
    luv yall
  • kariabug
    Options
    Today's my first day as well. On this site anyways..A few months ago, I lost like 20 lbs, doing Zumba, then November happened, and December, with the foods, holidays..and I stopped. I tell ya, I felt sooo much better when I was doing Zumba, even tho was pain in butt to try to do it every day with 5 kids in house, but I havent felt so much lighter, and better. I am determined this time to do it, and lose most of what I wanna lose by summer. Sick of feeling so bloated and heavy all the time. Hopefully with support and motivation I can succeed. I am 34, (almost 35) with 5 kids, and I wanna be here for them, and be more active with them. Good Luck everyone :):heart:
  • dbredenberg
    Options
    This site really works if you stick with it. Log everything, no cheating. Get a kitchen scale, use measuring spoons and cups. You'll learn ways to eat fewer calories without getting hungry, and you'll learn that you HAVE to work out if you want to make your net calorie goal without starving yourself. Don't get anxious about losing pounds quickly, just follow the program and let the pounds come off slowly. As you lose weight at every weigh-in, you'll gain confidence that it really works, which will make you want to stick with it. It's a positive feedback loop.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to the site! :happy:

I've ignored my weight gained for many years. This past New Years Eve a friend online mentioned this site- I became a member and had to jump on the scale to enter my weight...my mouth dropped when I saw my weight. I was angry but sad for myself. How did I get so big? Early last year I was at 195lbs and at that stage, I felt good about myself and was wanting to lose more, but I failed. I didn't stick with it and ate the way I used to. I want 2011 to be my year and start my new lifestyle. I am tired of being fat. This site is great. The motivation and support you get on here is amazing. I wish you luck on your journey.

BTW- I'm a stay at home mom of 3 boys.
  • cyndigirl
    Options
    This is day 5 for me, and I love the tools offered here! I have always felt like I was "eating right" but this takes out all the guesswork and now I know for sure where I stand throughout the day. Today is donut day at work...pass! :) When you know how many calories you are ACTUALLY consuming, it makes the past weight gain make sense and makes you more confident on the days you may not see results on the scale that you HAVE been doing everything right and you WILL see results eventually. I can't wait to look back a year from now and be able to post that I lost the 45 lbs. I wanted to! That will put me back to my pre-babies weight. I am a 36 year old married, mom of three, working full time and taking 12 credit hours per semester toward my degree in Social Work. I am active with my church, attend a weekly bible study and help out working with our church youth group. I have 2 more years of school myself and my husband has one more year as well to earn his master's. We have a child in elementary, middle and high school starting next year, so with all I have on my plate in the next 2 years, being healthy could NOT be a priority without tools like this. If I can do it, anyone can! I also just started C25K, which is a training program "Couch to 5K" which trains you from being totally inactive to running a 5K in 9 weeks. Yesterday was "Week 1, Day 2" of the program. I have asthma and quit smoking in April 2010. I have not been able to keep up with the program perfectly on day one or day two, because I had to walk some of the running parts, but I know by tomorrow, when I do day 3 of the program, I will be able to do it because last night I was so close. I have signed up for a 5K on April 9th, the day before my 37th birthday, and one month after I will have finished the C25K program. I know that commitment and this website will help me stay focused and accountable. Again, if I can do it, anyone can. Good luck to everyone and keep pushing toward your goals!

Cyndi
  • sweetnessnc73
    Options
    I wanted to say thank you to each individual, but so many replied!!! That's a great feeling because I KNOW that I can't do this without support. I'm a full-time student with a part-time job, a full-time mom with NO HELP and I have a dog... I stay busy all the time, and I'm so worried about finding foods that I will actually like and eat that are low calorie low fat. Any suggestions anyone? I am so encouraged by each one of you... I'm looking forward to this journey even more now! THANK YOU!
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    this is my grocery list
    yo ueat this everyday and you will be spitting nails!

Grocery List
    Proteins
    • Chicken
    • Steak
    • Tuna
    • Fish-Tuna steak, Salmon, Shrimp
    • Turkey-Burgers and Store Baked
    • Egg whites, Eggs

Carbohydrates
    • Brown Rice
    • Broccoli
    • Raw Spinach
    • Veggies-Asparagus, Romaine Lettuce, Cauliflower, Escarole, Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumber
    • Fruit-Apples, Bananas, Berry's, Watermelon
    • Wheat Pasta
    • Whole Wheat Bread
    • Oatmeal
    • Yams

Snacks and Fats
    • Peanuts
    • Almonds
    • Rice Cakes
    • Natural Peanut Butter
    • Fat Free Popcorn
    • Yogurt (fat free)
    • Cheerios
    • Flax Seed
    • Cottage Cheese
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say thank you to each individual, but so many replied!!! That's a great feeling because I KNOW that I can't do this without support. I'm a full-time student with a part-time job, a full-time mom with NO HELP and I have a dog... I stay busy all the time, and I'm so worried about finding foods that I will actually like and eat that are low calorie low fat. Any suggestions anyone? I am so encouraged by each one of you... I'm looking forward to this journey even more now! THANK YOU!

kristen!!! i'm so happy you are here...i can't be sure if you saw my facebook posts and that is what motivated you but since i've known you for so long i'm gonna take credit for it!! =)

i know how hard this is because i'm a compulsive eater...i love you and support you 100% just like you do me!!

we can swap healthy food ideas!!