Wow, calories galore!

Options
Was at my brother & SILs house tonight. They got Casey's pizza for supper & invited my hubby & I to stay & eat - we did. After we got home, I logged my food. I am still shocked at the amount of calories in 1 slice of pizza! I ate 3 & had a soda, so I ate over my goal in 1 meal! I'm screwed for the day! ????

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Not the end of the world; one calorie laden day will not derail you. Log it and start tomorrow with a fresh outlook.
  • mc_hudd
    mc_hudd Posts: 47
    Options
    Yeah, I wasn't as concerned about the total today as I was surprised at the amount of calories in ONE slice of pizza! Craziness!!!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Pizza is very calorie dense, especially with a thick crust. Thin crust is slightly better.

The good news is that there is now Vitapizza!! Just came across it for the first time tonight. 190 cals for a personal pizza. Can't wait to try it!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    That sucks! One day won't kill you, though. The worst part (to me) is the wasted soda calories! I don't DRINK my calories so I can enjoy EATING more of them! :laugh:
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yup, As I've mentioned before, I found out that my favorite pizza in Chicago had 700+ calories a slice, so even when I "only" ate three slices it was a large amount of calories.

That said, if I plan ahead and incorporate appropriate sufficient exercise, I can still enjoy that pizza once in a while.