200lbs to lose!!!

Options
I really could use the motivation and understandings of you all to get me through this!! :-)

Replies

• Thezestiest
    Thezestiest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've got almost 100 to lose, myself!
  • manimani93
    manimani93 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good luck to you as well
  • GlennTipton
    GlennTipton Posts: 19
    Options
    How exciting! You are about to have a long, difficult but amazing journey. The best experience I had in my life was watching my body change after overcoming an addiction.

I wouldn't be too dependant on this forum for support. You need to support yourself! Be proud of your progress - even if it's only 10lb! If you have a good day and eat the right things tell yourself "Great job today! That really made a difference" and get up the next day and tell yourself "Today I'm going to lose more weight by doing the right things". If you have a bad day tell yourself "I shouldn't have done that. Tomorrow I will make sure I get it right". The best motivators and boosters will be your friends, family, workmates and training partners to watch you change and give you the feedback. The smallest comment can give you another week of motivation. Look for it everywhere!

All the best!

Glenn.
  • Roger_Vaughn
    Roger_Vaughn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? 200lbs is a number. Heart will help the number get smaller. Think about why you want to do it and do not let anyone or anything get in the way!.

Make realistic short-term goals and hit them. You control it and no one else.
  • BIGBMF
    BIGBMF Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I lost about 120 total in about a year. After losing and gaining for years. Don't give up because it sucks losing the same weight twice.
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to this site. Add me if you like - I log daily and can offer support, its good to connect with people who are trying to achieve similar goals :)
  • KaonaRose
    KaonaRose Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm nearly in the same boat as you. I have 169 lbs. to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I''ve still got over 200 to lose. Only been here for a month, but I've already made huge progress. This place helps a lot.
    Whatever happens, just log everything, carefully, and accurately, and stick with it the next day. Most important bit of advice...don't let a bad day excuse making the bad day a pattern. One day doesn't matter. This is a long term process.

Best of luck to you. :)
  • milyba
    milyba Posts: 49
    Options
    I have a lot to lose too....seems impossible. We can be friends I was hoping to find some in Vegas but I guess that's a later date....count me in fr sent
  • manimani93
    manimani93 Posts: 12
    Options
    Its nice to get support from people who understand and is willing to help. So I thank you all and we can motivate and keep each other on the right path.
  • carisone
    carisone Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Well done for getting here and starting your journey, feel free to add me and we can support each other. I am new here too and have a long way to go :)
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? 200lbs is a number. Heart will help the number get smaller. Think about why you want to do it and do not let anyone or anything get in the way!.

Make realistic short-term goals and hit them. You control it and no one else.

Go SEAHAWKS...sorry, couldn't resist since poster also has a Seahawks Ticker :tongue:
  • disneymama73
    disneymama73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just joined today too and have almost 200 to lose as well. We can do it together. I am going to try to think of it in smaller goals. My first goal is get myself out of the 340s, and then the 330s, etc. Celebrate the smaller successes and then celebrate the bigger milestones as I achieve them. Remember you are worth it to be a healthier you!:smile:
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I''ve still got over 200 to lose. Only been here for a month, but I've already made huge progress. This place helps a lot.
    Whatever happens, just log everything, carefully, and accurately, and stick with it the next day. Most important bit of advice...don't let a bad day excuse making the bad day a pattern. One day doesn't matter. This is a long term process.

Best of luck to you. :)

This is one of my biggest issues - logging!

I just get distracted with work and social life, and I lose track. Sometimes I know I'm ok going in the right direction, but sometimes i veer off.... I've never been able to keep a diary or a blog, and just don't really have that discipline!

Hopefully by actually being on this forum (this is my first post) I might actually improve in that.