I feel like I'm eating constantly...

Options
I'm actually under my calories, but I feel like all day I'm eating and snacking. I kind of miss just three meals haha. What times of the day should I eat, how much, and what should I eat? I don't want to start doing something wrong and find my self stuck doing it. What are good meal and snack ideas for people with barely anytime to prepare food (or skill in preparing food) Thanks :)

Replies

• grandloves
    grandloves Posts: 18
    Options
    If what you're doing is working, stick with it. The time you eat doesn't affect your weight loss. Just stay within your regular calorie allowance.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you want.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Then just eat 3 big well balanced nutritional meals. Some say you will burn more fat if you don't snack. Others say that snacking boosts your metabolism. Do what works for you, just don't over do it.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 5 times a day on non-workout days and 6 during workout days. It's been working out pretty all right for me. I just make sure to eat within my daily allowance. :)
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What times of the day should I eat, how much, and what should I eat?

Woaaa .. throw the brakes on! You're over thinking this a lot IMO. We can't tell you what your schedule is .. so YOU need to set when you eat. We can't tell you when you are hungry or when you are going to feel hungry. Eat when YOU are hungry. I'm not sure if the 'how much' means how many times through the day should you eat .. or how much food should you eat. Either way those are again something YOU need to figure out. If 3 meals a day satisfies you then eat 3 meals a day. If you can manage 5 smaller meals a day and that works for you then do it. As for your last question. No one knows what you like except you. Eat what you like that fits into your macros. If you want to eat healthy protein, vegetables, and fats then go for it ... if you want to eat fast food occasionally just make sure it fits into your day .. if you want to eat a treat every night just make sure it fits in. Some foods at the end of the day ARE better for you but you have to live and learn through trial and error what you enjoy and what works for you and your lifestyle.
  • summerfly413
    summerfly413 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat three times a day, just divide your calorie allowance into thirds and plan meals for that calorie amount. Then when you start your day, eat your first meal when you feel hungry. Eat your next meal the next time you feel hungry. Same with the third.

And just remember to actually eat when you're hungry(you might actually just be thirsty if it's been like two hours since your last good sized meal). I eat my first meal at 2pm because I generally don't get hungry until then. If I eat in the morning I'm hunry all day and blow all my calories shortly after lunch(if I'm lucky enough to last that long). Do what works for you.