Definition of a geek...

Options
I just encoded Harry Potter to fit onto my mp3 player... This way I don't get bored during my workout.

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I just encoded Harry Potter to fit onto my mp3 player... This way I don't get bored during my workout.
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Brilliant idea.

if you ever wanna talk 'hp' let me know, i am a huge fan and have read all the books!
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i CANNOT wait till the next movie comes out in November, but once they are all out, what will i have to look forward to:sad:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Didn't know if you knew this but there is a new book coming out that is by the same author and in relation to the Harry Potter Series, this may help your withdrawels......:happy:

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a Wizarding classic, first came to Muggle readers' attention in the book known as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Now, thanks to Hermione Granger's new translation from the ancient runes, we present this stunning edition with an introduction, notes, and illustrations by J. K. Rowling, and extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore. Never before have Muggles been privy to these richly imaginative tales: -The Wizard and the Hopping Pot -The Fountain of Fair Fortune -The Warlock's Hairy Heart -Babbitty Rabbitty and Her Cackling Stump -The Tale of the Three Brothers.
    The stories are accompanied by delightful pen-and-ink illustrations by Ms.Rowling herself, featuring a still-life frontispiece for each one. Professor Dumbledore's commentary -- apparently written some eighteen months before his death -- reveals not just his vast knowledge of Wizarding lore, but also more of his personal qualities: his sense of humor, his courage, his pride in his abilities, and his hard-won wisdom. Names familiar from the Harry Potter novels sprinkle the pages, including Aberforth Dumbledore, Lucius Malfoy and his forebears, and Sir Nicholas deMimsy-Porpington (or "Nearly Headless Nick"), as well as other professors at Hogwarts and the past owners of the Elder Wand. Dumbledore tells us of incidents unique to the Wizarding world, like hilariously troubled theatrical productions at Hogwarts or the dangers of having a "hairy heart." But he also reveals aspects of the Wizarding world that his Muggle readers might find all too familiar, like censorship, intolerance, and questions about the deepest mysteries in life.
    But not only are these tales the equal of fairy tales we now know and love, reading them gives new insight into the world of Harry Potter. This purchase also represents another very important form of giving: From every sale of this book, Scholastic will give its net proceeds to The Children's High Level Group, a charity cofounded in 2005 by J. K. Rowling and Emma Nicholson MEP to make life better for vulnerable children.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Brilliant idea.

if you ever wanna talk 'hp' let me know, i am a huge fan and have read all the books!

Ditto!!! Love HP!!!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    steveurkel29ww.jpg
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Alrighty then, put your phasers on stun, quit feeding those Tribbles, and watch out for the muggles. Let's see if we can find any unicorn's in the haunted forest....just gotta remember which magic charm does what and tell my dragon to behave or we won't be riding thread the next turn!!!!

Let's hear it for the geek squad!

Ya think we be able to find that magic potion that would make all this weight loss stuff easier, without shrinking us to the size of a mouse:noway:
    Ez

Of course I own all the Harry Potters! Thanks for letting me know I'll not have to go into total withdrawl:sad:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Did you hear that they moved back the release date of Half Blood Prince until July 2009?!?! I WAS PISSED!!!!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Did you hear that they moved back the release date of Half Blood Prince until July 2009?!?! I WAS PISSED!!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

:mad: :explode: :mad: I KNOW!! :mad: :explode: :mad:
    Not cool, not cool.
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    Re-reading them right now. I just started on "Goblet of Fire". Its 734 pages; how many calories is that? :wink:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Re-reading them right now. I just started on "Goblet of Fire". Its 734 pages; how many calories is that? :wink:

HAHA..I wish we could burn calories for reading Harry Potter! I've read them all twice (except the last one) and I was going to read them all again, but decided to read the Golden Compass series instead..also a great read if you like Harry Potter.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on the Gold Compass books...

I miss Harry, Ron and Hermione... I wish J.K. Rowling would reconsider write more HP books...

I have heard that she is considering writing books that spin-off of other characters in the book... kinda like Joanie loves Chachi spinning off of Happy Days... :laugh:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options

was??? WAS???:noway:

STILL AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is more like it:explode: :angry: :grumble:

but yeah, i read the forth one on my grade 8 school camp, in less than five days:bigsmile:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Yeah, after I finish the Golden Compass series, I might go back and re-read Harry Potter. I always get something new out of it each time, especially because after finishing the last one, you can see all of the foreshadowing in the earlier books.