Possible to log food if you don't know the nutrition?

Options
ritan7471
ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
Is it possible to quick add items? I see you can quick add calories, but I'd like to be able to track what I've eaten on vacation or when I'm with my in-laws without taking the time to search every item.

Everything is just an estimate then, because I can't politely haul out a scale and start weighing everything my MIL serves to me anyway, but I'd like to be able to log something quickly and then come back later and search the nutrition info.

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of having your phone out while at your MIL or on vacation, jot what you ate down on a notepad and aprox how much you ate, then when you get privacy log them with restaurant equivalents. Always choose the higher calories when in doubt so that if anything you be under. My biggest advice to you is to enjoy your family and do not make this too stressful on yourself. One meal a week at you MIL house will not derail your work even if you can not get the calorie count perfect.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i never track when i'm on holiday, but when eating stuff i havent made myself i just go for a best guess and over estimate my portions. there are few things that dont exist at all in the database, it can just sometimes take a while to find what you think is accurate.
  • KatherineMichelle72
    Options
    I would say jot down what you are having, with the estimated (weight, cups, ozs) and when you are back home go ahead and log it it... of course its always best to have an exact to put in but in my opinion if all you can do is estimate thats better then nothing.. I dont have a scale so 1/4 of what I log is based on estimates..
  • ritan7471
    ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think the notepad is a good idea. I usually have a few quiet minutes after eating, and frankly, every month won't be like May. Usually we only have one weekend every 2 months where we're out and it's not possible to log.

I just know I tend to roll right down the slope from "not logging for a couple days in Raahe" to "don't log anything because I'm eating cake every day"

:laugh:
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    On vacation I just eat. Can't be bothered with logging and allowing food logging and weight loss to play a bigger role than it needs to be.

Why, yes, yes I will take a slice of chocolate cake.

made me laugh, and def my way too! x
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just came back from 3 days in Barcelona, not a single calorie counted, sometimes you just need a break, but keep moderation and healthy diet in your mind.