115 lbs lost w/ pics

Options
124»

Replies

• viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are thriving and glowing! I am happy for your lifestyle change. But most importantly, it's great you are enjoying it. Thank you for sharing your story, and best wishes! :)
  • ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Here's my own little success story. I'm not done yet but I have lost 115 lbs so far from my highest known weight.

I was always a little bit chubby and just really liked food and hated to exercise. Truth is, I was not very good at it either. During my teenage years I put on some weight, lost it through diets, only to gain more when I stopped dieting (ah the 90s!)

It's in my twenties that I really blew up. Met my husband, got married, settled down, had kids, and gained so much weight... It's not that I didn't try to lose, it's that I was easily discouraged and figured I would just be obese my whole life and that's what it was.

Tried several things, nothing worked. I lost a bit, a few pounds here and there, up and down always.

And then a bit over two years ago I tried a Zumba class. That was the first time in my LIFE that I worked out for an hour. It was a long long hour, but I moved and I had fun. And I came back. After a few months, I joined a gym and tried other classes, even started to exercise a bit by myself. Then I joined a team with a trainer, in a small group, and I started working out there three times a week in addition to the Zumba classes several times a week. And I kept going.

Today I workout 8-10 times a week, I still do Zumba for cardio and fun, but I also do my trainer's workouts which include weight lifting among other things, R.I.P.P.E.D and Insanity classes. I love it and I have made it my priority to get fit and healthy.

c8619b7c-206e-4308-830a-8e3a348e56af_zps912c6e50.jpg
  • ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Many congrats to you.
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Holy moly, you look like a totally different person! A much younger one too! Well done :)
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you again!
    As far as time, it has taken me a LONG time to lose that weight. I had lost the first 35 lbs over 3 years and the remaining 80 lbs over the last 2 1/4 years. (since I started working out). Every single pound I lose is a battle. Some weeks I love .2 ;-) Other weeks I lose a pound, those are the good weeks. When I get 2 or 3 lbs a week, it is incredible. But my motto is "one pound at a time" and I do not focus on time. I will get there. It may be in six months, or in two years, but I am still lighter today than I was last month and I just need to keep working hard and eat clean.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look wonderful!
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    Totally Amazing ! Good for you , thank you so much for sharing this today ! Thank you sincerely !
  • breeezy1030
    breeezy1030 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know u have heard this a million times, but im
    Sure you will never get tired of it...congratulations!!! And thanks for the motivation. One day i will be able to share my story and inspire like so many others I have met here..
  • tropicaltiger
    tropicaltiger Posts: 254
    Options
    awesome job and be proud-it is a amazing -I to lost over 100 pounds -I take my hat off to you
  • Lovely_Day1
    Lovely_Day1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you. You look great! Your work has paid off!
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person! Amazing! Congrats on your hard work!
  • BekkahS1552
    BekkahS1552 Posts: 34
    Options
    You look amazing... can't believe the changes between the pictures! I've been thinking about trying Zumba ~ you've made me want to do it :smile: Congrats on your success! :smile:
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Looking happy and confident!
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look younger now. This Is great. I am so happy for you. Send some good vibes my way so I can be motivated to do the same.
    :-)
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Truly an inspiration for me.
  • celinetmika
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words. To those who have lost too: Congrats!!!!! To those who are just getting started: You can do it!! Seriously. If my lazy butt can do it, then you can totally do it too!!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have done incredible - you look great!
  • B32Roden
    B32Roden Posts: 11
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic! Happy, healthy and ready to kick *kitten* :)
  • celinetmika
    Options
    Thanks! ;-)
  • lauwallis
    lauwallis Posts: 4
    Options
    WOW, you look so good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!